Daily Report for Jan. 10, 2014
• Wednesday: Deborah Woodson, Melvern.
• Wednesday: Gary Wallace, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Joe Stinson, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 1:34 p.m. Wednesday, East Eighth Street and South Sycamore Street, Brooke Phillips, 22, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 4:16 p.m. Wednesday, U.S. 59 and John Brown Road, Mark Romero, 32, Lawrence, on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 6:05 p.m. Wednesday, 132 S. Kallock St., Cole Kelsey, 32, Richmond, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County jail, 305 S. Main St., Robert Rice, 30, Wichita, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:33 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of Pine Street, Jonathan Gordon, 36, on a City of Garnett warrant.
• 1:16 p.m. Thursday, Dollar General, 2212 S. Princeton St., Nathan Albright, 28, homeless, on suspicion of theft in connection with a shoplifting incident at the store.
• 7:27 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of West 11th Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy, on suspicion of disorderly conduct and battery of three known individuals.
• 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County jail, 305 S. Main St., Robert Rice, 30, Wichita, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:39 a.m. Friday, Ottawa University parking lot, 1001 S. Cedar St., Cy Kueffer, 28, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Police Department News
• 1:34 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of South Sycamore Street, a vehicle driven by Travis E. Bishop, 28, Ottawa, was traveling on South Sycamore Street when Bishop lost control of the vehicle and it slid into a ditch. Bishop was cited with driving while suspended, failure to report an accident, leaving the scene of an accident, no proof of insurance and expired registration.
• 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of South Princeton Circle Drive, a vehicle driven by Jay Rogers, 29, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Jordan Bellinger, 18, Ottawa, after Rogers’ vehicle ran a red light. Rogers was cited with driving with a suspended driver’s license and disobeying a traffic signal.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 900 block of Main Street, alarm; 300 block of Elm Street, civil matter; I-35 at milepost 198, assist outside agency.
• Thursday: 700 block of Main Street, non-injury accident; 400 block of East Eighth Street, medical call; 500 block of East Seventh Street, juvenile call.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:28 a.m. Wednesday, 839 E. Estabrook St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 10:05 a.m. Wednesday, 321 E. Fourth St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 1:21 p.m. Wednesday, 1303 W. Austin Court, smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 3:43 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of South Princeton Circle Drive, responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• 3:20 p.m. Thursday, 821 S. Cherry St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with three medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.