Daily Report for Feb. 19, 2014
• Monday: Rex Bartlow, Ottawa; Sandra Luna, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Mary Gooding, Garnett; Edwin Horstick, Richmond.
• Tuesday: Sandra Luna, Ottawa; Benjamin Stinson, Ottawa.
• Monday: Baby girl, 6 pounds, 10 ounces, to Sandra Luna, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 12:16 p.m. Monday, 2500 block of I-35, Diego Esparza-Tarin, 28, Gardner, and Rigoberto Orozco-Valdovinos, 30, Olathe, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
• 12:27 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Steven Jackson, 40, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 8:32 a.m. Tuesday, 800 block of North Main Street, Kelsi Kennington, 27, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Police Department News
• 9:25 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a 35-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known, 19-year-old Ottawa man had unlawful sexual contact with a juvenile. The case is under investigation.
• 10:41 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of East Ninth Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 12-year-old son ran away from home. He later returned home and was transported to the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, according to a police report.
• 7:43 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Oak Street, a 25-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an item off her vehicle.
• 9:02 p.m. Monday, 1200 South Main Street, a 23-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his unlocked vehicle and stole an item.
• 8:17 a.m. Tuesday, 600 block of North Hemlock Street, a 36-year-old Ottawa man and a 35-year-old Ottawa man reported someone entered a residence and stole items.
• 12:08 p.m. Tuesday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Katherine Hinderliter, 54, Ottawa, collided with a vehicle driven by Tina Valentine, 35, Quenemo. Valentine was cited for disobeying a traffic signal.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: I-35 and K-33, motorist assist.
• Tuesday: 200 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, assist other agency; 300 block of Poplar Street, theft; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of East Eighth Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:44 a.m. Monday, 15th and South Main streets, firefighters responded to a passenger vehicle fire.
• 12:10 p.m. Tuesday, South Princeton Road and East 21st Street, firefighters used hydraulic tools to open the damaged door of a vehicle involved in a wreck so the occupant could be removed.
• Firefighters assisted with two medical calls Monday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 11:52 a.m. Friday, 331 Tyler Street, Pomona firefighters responded to a fire alarm. No fire was reported.
• Firefighters responded to seven medical calls Thursday through Monday.