Daily Report for March 17, 2014
• Friday: Amanda Darnall, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Hollie New, Ottawa.
• Friday: James Clark, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Amanda Darnall, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Gladys Adamson, Pomona; and Wanda Altic, Ottawa.
• Friday: Baby boy, 8 pounds, 8 ounces, to Amanda Darnall, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:24 a.m. Thursday, 2300 block of Pawnee Road, Marshall Lute William III, no age or address given, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 9:02 a.m. Friday, Osborne and Georgia roads, Matthew Levi Lang, 22, Pomona, on suspicion of driving while suspended, reckless driving, falsely reporting a crime and fleeing and eluding law enforcement.
• 2:03 p.m. Friday, 700 block of Cypress Street, Eric Davis, 27, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 3:43 p.m. Friday, Neosho Terrace and Delaware Road, Billy Richardson, 36, Pomona, on suspicion of possession of prescription medication, obstruction and transporting an open container.
• 6:43 p.m. Friday, Williamsburg Park, West William Street and North Center Avenue, sheriff’s officers responded to the park for a fight in progress. A 44-year-old Williamsburg man and a 44-year-old Williamsburg woman reported being battered by a 22-year-old Scranton woman and a 19-year-old Ottawa man. Tiffany Fernandez, 22, Scranton, and Tyler Sage, 19, Ottawa, later were located on I-35 at milepost 185 and arrested on suspicion of battery.
• 6:59 p.m. Friday, Old US. 50 Highway and Rock Creek Road, Danny Calkins, 43, Williamsburg, on suspicion of possession of stolen property, driving while suspended, no proof of insurance and two Douglas County warrants.
• 1:06 a.m. Saturday, East Franklin and Truman streets, David Quigley, 19, Edgerton, and Cody Ervin-Murphy, 19, Gardner, were arrested during a traffic stop. Quigley was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting an open container, no proof of insurance, purchase of liquor by a minor and minor in possession. Ervin-Murphy was arrested on suspicion of a minor in consumption and a minor in possession.
• 1:35 p.m. Saturday, 305 S. Main St., Derek Dozier, 24, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 8:10 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of South Main Street, Robin Heenan, 35, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while revoked, possession of drug paraphernalia, no proof of liability insurance and an illegal registration after being stopped for a turn signal violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 7:36 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of West Seventh Street, Kelsi Kennington, 27, Ottawa, on a Douglas County warrant.
• 2:14 p.m. Friday, 300 block of South Main Street, Christopher Davis, 28, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 12:29 a.m. Saturday, 1900 block of South Princeton Street, Daniel Cox, 27, Olathe, on suspicion of no driver’s license.
• 1:03 a.m. Saturday, 15th and Mulberry streets, a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of paraphernalia and curfew violation, and a 15-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested for curfew violation.
• 5:34 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of South Mulberry Street, Cynthia Steward, 43, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 6:14 p.m. Saturday, 2500 block of East Logan Street, Shaun Melte, 26, Osawatomie, on a Miami County warrant.
• 10:25 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of South Main Street, Earl Phares, 66, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence and no driver’s license after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:58 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of South 12th Street, a 34-year-old Centropolis woman reported a violation of a protection from stalking order.
• 12:35 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of Madison Street, a 59-year-old Pomona woman reported someone used her credit card fraudulently to make a purchase online. Loss was estimated at $70.
• 5:53 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of K-68 Highway, a 73-year-old Pomona woman reported a decorative bell had been taken from her property. Loss was estimated at $750.
• 1:10 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of Arkansas Road, a 79-year-old Ottawa man reported an Arctic Cat 400 ATV and an acetylene bottle were stolen, which were last seen in January, from a large shed located in the 1500 block of Arkansas Road. Loss was estimated at $3,700.
• 11:44 p.m. Thursday, 4400 block of U.S. 59 Highway, Stacy Simmons, 31, Ottawa, was driving a 2002 Honda Accord south on U.S. 59 from Stafford Road when she struck a deer. Damages were estimated at more than $1,000.
Police Department News
• 4:43 p.m. Friday, 100 block of West 12th Street, Kevin Bruce, 42, Ottawa, was cited for harboring a vicious animal.
• 7:08 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of South Ash Street, a 29-year-old Ottawa woman reported being battered. The suspect, a 25-year-old Ottawa man, was later arrested.
• 11:59 p.m. Saturday, 1000 block of South Olive Street, a 30-year-old man reported he had been battered by a 33-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 12:26 a.m. Monday, 600 block of East Ninth Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known person damaged her door. Steve Lawson, 22, Ottawa, was arrested a short time later.
• 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Andy’s Wrecker Service, 225 W. Wilson St., a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported items stolen from vehicles.
• 10:33 a.m. Monday, Walmart, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 25-year-old Harrah, Okla., woman reported someone had stolen her wallet.
• 11:36 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of West 10th Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone broke into her residence and stole items.
• 4:03 p.m. Sunday, 600 block of South Sycamore Street, a 24-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole items from her residence.
• 2:44 p.m. Saturday, 1100 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Tempest Harrison, 18, Baldwin City, struck a vehicle driven by Teri Kaub, 51, Ottawa. Harrison was cited for inattentive driving.
• 5:38 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of Beech Street, Forrest Kitts, 87, Ottawa, lost control of his vehicle, which then struck a home.
• 8:24 a.m. Monday, 2000 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Stephen Scott, 50, Lenexa, backed into a vehicle driven by Todd Roe, 47, Ottawa. Scott was cited for limitations on backing.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, assist outside agency; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 200 block of Downey Drive, animal complaint; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 4100 block of Thomas Road, assist outside agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Sunday: 600 block of Walnut Street, fire alarm; 400 block of Main Street, theft; I-35 milepost 199, medical call.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:16 p.m. Saturday, 517 E. Third St., firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 12:06 a.m. Sunday, 21 Rockwood Drive, firefighters assisted with an outside equipment fire.
• 1:33 a.m. Sunday, 601 S. Cherry St., firefighters responded to a smoke detector activation.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 11:13 a.m. Friday, 2108 Old Highway 50, firefighters with Lincoln-Ottawa-Harris fire department responded to a grass fire.
• 7:47 p.m. Friday, 2152 Osborne Terrace, LOH firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 7:52 p.m. Friday, 363 Colorado Road, firefighters with Williamsburg Fire Department responded to a grass fire.
• 8:05 p.m. Friday, 1480 Highway 59, firefighters with Ohio Fire Department responded to a grass fire.
• 11:22 p.m. Friday, 2263 Nevada Road, LOH firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 11:23 a.m. Saturday, 31064 N. Highway 59, Richmond Fire Department responded for mutual aid.
• 7:02 p.m. Saturday, John Brown and Indiana Roads, Ohio Fire Department responded for mutual aid.
• 2:07 p.m. Sunday, 602 Walnut, Wellsville Fire Department firefighters responded to a fire alarm.
• Firefighters assisted with one medical call Sunday.