Daily Report for March 21, 2013
• Friday: Robert Lorenz, Richmond.
• Sunday: Brenda Prochnow, Ottawa.
• Monday: Earla Schultz, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Cindy Daniels, Richmond; Alan Holmes, Baldwin City; George Louderback, Ottawa; and Michael Scott, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Earla Schultz, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 5:44 p.m. Friday, 600 block of South Locust Street, Benjamin Wells, 21, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:42 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of South Main Street, Joshua Gibbs, 29, Tonganoxie, on a Leavenworth County warrant and on suspicion of transporting an open container.
• 10:42 p.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Kathy Harris, 39, no address given, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 8:46 p.m. Monday, 900 block of South Main Street, Melissa Wilson, 50, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting an open container and an illegal tag.
• 2:43 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of North King Street, James Crider, 54, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant and on suspicion of possession of paraphernalia.
• 5:08 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of South Cedar Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known Ottawa man. Christopher Longfellow, 30, Ottawa, later was arrested in the 700 block of North Poplar Street on suspicion of battery and on suspicion of possession of paraphernalia.
Police Department News
• 2:48 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Locust Street, an 18-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged her property.
• 11:27 a.m. Tuesday, 800 block of North King Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known 4-year-old Ottawa girl was possibly touched inappropriately by a known 54-year-old Ottawa man. The case is under investigation, according to a police report.
• 6:19 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of Liberty Street, a 38-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects stole his property.
• 6:15 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 52-year-old Ottawa woman reported unknown suspects stole items from the store.
• 7:47 p.m. Saturday, Mrs. Kleen laundry mat, 1120 N. Main St., a 67-year-old Ottawa woman reported unknown suspects stole her purse from the laundry mat.
• 4:46 p.m. Sunday, Walmart, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 52-year-old Ottawa woman reported a theft by a known suspect.
• 3:42 p.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Derek Dozier, 23, Ottawa, and Chelsea Wittry, 24, Ottawa, were cited and released on a notice to appear in court on suspicion of shoplifting items from the store, according to a police report.
• 4:59 p.m. Tuesday, Dollar General Store, 2212 S. Princeton St., a 24-year-old Wellsville man reported an unknown suspect damaged a display cabinet and stole an item inside it.
• 9:30 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of East Fifth Street, a vehicle driven by Jonathan Hake, 25, Ottawa, was eastbound on Fifth Street when it struck a legally parked vehicle owned by Mark Butterworth, 54, Ottawa, according to a police report.
• Sunday, no time given, 400 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Randy Mitchell, 50, Ottawa, collided with a vehicle driven by Peter Neave, 24, Ottawa. Mitchell was cited with inattentive driving, according to a police report.
• 9:37 a.m. Monday, 1500 block of Eisenhower Road, a vehicle driven by Keteri Fleet, 62, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Sherry Prochnow, 39, Ottawa. Fleet was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint; milepost 198 on I-35, assist outside agency; milepost 200 on I-35, assist outside agency; 400 block of Pine Street, medical call.
• Sunday: 300 block of Walnut Street, medical assist.
• Monday: 300 block of West Fourth Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of East Sixth Street, suspicious activity; 500 block of South Maple Street, medical call.
• Tuesday: 200 block of East Fifth Street, assist outside agency; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, criminal damage to property report; 300 block of West Second Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, warrant arrest; 300 block of West Second Street, civil matter; 100 block of Hunt Street, public assist; 400 block of Walnut Street, animal complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:50 p.m. Friday, 2600 block of Reno Road, firefighters responded to a brush and grass fire.
• 7:12 p.m. Monday, 420 S. Walnut St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 11:54 a.m. Tuesday, 236 S. Ash St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with 15 medical calls Friday through Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 9:45 p.m. Sunday, Old U.S. 59 and Shawnee Road, Centropolis firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to seven medical calls Friday through Tuesday.