Daily Report for April 4, 2014
• Thursday: Jennifer Spencer, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 11:27 a.m. Tuesday, 600 block of Walnut Street, Wellsville, sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic disturbance. Paul Shulz Jr., 27, Wellsville, was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery and criminal damage to property, and Cynthia Shulz, 25, Wellsville, was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery.
Police Department Arrests
• 5:45 p.m. Thursday, 2700 block of Eisenhower Avenue, Dalton Wheeler, 30, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:37 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., inmates Dustin Johnson, 19, Waverly, and Dalton Slankard, 19, Pomona, were involved in a physical altercation at the jail, according to a sheriff’s battery report. A subsequent investigation deemed Slankard was the aggressor in the fight and Johnson was attempting to defend himself, the report said. Slankard was arrested March 17 on a Franklin County warrant, and Johnson was arrested March 24 on warrants from Douglas and Anderson counties, according to Herald archives.
• 9:16 a.m. Tuesday, 3500 block of Oregon Road, a 64-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole multiple pieces of silverware from her home. Estimated loss was $400.
• 5:37 p.m. Tuesday, 1300 block of East 15th Street, a rural Ottawa man reported someone stole several items from his property.
Police Department News
• 10:23 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of East Logan Street, a 55-year-old Ottawa man was found dead in his home from natural causes, according to a police report. A 6-year-old Ottawa girl was taken into protective custody, the report said.
• 11:18 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of South Ash Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa man reported damage to his vehicle.
• 9:08 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of West 10th Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known 35-year-old Richmond man damaged her door where he gained entry into her residence and injured her with a knife. The case is under investigation.
• 5:32 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of South Main Street, a 54-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole her son’s iPod.
• 7:51 a.m. Thursday, 700 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by Doris Taft, 22, Raytown, Mo., struck a vehicle driven by Michelle Powell, 25, Ottawa. Taft was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign.
• 10:24 p.m. Thursday, 2000 block of Princeton Road, a vehicle driven by Bruce Powers, 24, Ottawa, left the roadway and struck a utility pole.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, animal complaint; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of West Third Street, civil standby; 100 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:51 a.m. Thursday, South Cedar and East Seventh streets, firefighters responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• 10:37 a.m. Thursday, 1626 S. Willow St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.