Daily Report for April 8, 2013
• Saturday: Earla Schultz, Ottawa.
• Friday: Heidi Miller, Garnett.
• Sunday: Earla Schultz, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 7:52 p.m. Sunday, 3300 block of Marshall Road, Renee DeCock, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated battery, criminal damage to property, battery on a law enforcement officer and obstruction of the legal process, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 3:07 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of Ash Street, Kenneth Kearney Jr., 26, Gardner, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol after being stopped for a traffic violation, according to a police report.
• 3:59 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of South Elm Street, Mark Worley, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of owning a vicious dog, dog at large, no city registration and no rabies vaccination after it attacked another dog, according to a police report.
• 6:47 p.m., 400 block of East Third Street, Jessica Velez, 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery and trespassing.
• 2:07 a.m. Sunday, 700 block of South Cedar Street, Courtney Woodard, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and underage consumption.
Police Department News
• 3:16 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of West 19th Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman attempted to harm herself, according to a police report.
• 3:12 p.m. 500 East Fifth Street, a 4-year-old Ottawa boy discharged a BB gun, striking another 4-year-old Ottawa boy, according to a police report.
• 6:02 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 52-year-old Topeka woman reported an unknown suspect stole merchandise.
• 12:22 p.m. Sunday, Old 56 Restaurant, 2227 S. Princeton St., John Berve, 49, Louisburg, reported an unknown suspect struck his car while it was parked.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 900 block of Ninth Street Terrace, public assist; 300 block of Pendleton Street, public assist; 400 block of East Sixth Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 700 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 500 block of Main Street, criminal damage to property report; 300 block of Elm Street, suspicious activity report.
• Sunday: 500 block of Pine Street, medical call; 400 block of Main Street, medical call; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 200 block of Meadowbrook Lane, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, recovered property report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:53 p.m. Friday, 102 S. Walnut St., smoke detector activation, no fire reported.
• 9:26 a.m. Sunday, 943 S. Cypress St., authorized controlled burning.
• 11:06 a.m. Sunday, 931 N. Hemlock St., authorized controlled burning.
• 12:54 p.m. Sunday, 224 S. Ash St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:48 a.m. Thursday, 1600 block of U.S. 59, Ohio firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 6:24 p.m. Thursday, 3827 Georgia Terrace, Centropolis firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 12:33 p.m. Friday, 4787 Iowa Road, Centropolis firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 10:04 p.m. Friday, Nebraska and Allen roads, Richmond firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Thursday through Saturday.