Daily Report for April 9, 2014
• Tuesday: Linda Clouse, Ottawa; Chasity Rice, Ottawa.
• Baby girl, 7 pounds, 15 ounces, to Chasity Rice and Victor Brewer.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 3:59 p.m. Sunday, 4200 block of Stafford Road, James Allemang Jr., 37, Wellsville, on suspicion of battery and domestic battery.
• 10:05 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., James Lewis Jr., 30, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:20 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of North Center Avenue, Williamsburg, Jennifer Ritchey, 38, Williamsburg, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 11:38 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of North Center Avenue, Williamsburg, Joshua Radford, 22, Williamsburg, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 6:49 a.m. Monday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, Pomona, Kayla Wilks, 23, Pomona, on suspicion of criminal damage to property during a domestic disturbance.
• 7:20 a.m. Monday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, Pomona, Dan Willford, 42, Pomona, on suspicion of violating a protection order.
Police Department Arrests
• 8:32 a.m. Monday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Leslie Timm, 25, Olathe, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 12:35 p.m. Monday, Ninth and Lincoln streets, Michael Bishop, 40, Ottawa, was arrested and released on a notice to appear in court for no driver’s license, no insurance and illegal tag.
• 4:27 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jay Rogers, 29, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:17 p.m. Monday, 200 block of East Third Street, David Yohe, 58, Ottawa, on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
• 1:03 a.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of South Lincoln Street, James Cox Jr., 35, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 1:50 a.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of South Cedar Street, Elizabeth McBride, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 3:12 a.m. Tuesday, K-68 and I-35, Emilee Swan, 19, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting an open container and underage consumption of alcohol after she was stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 2:31 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of West 10th Street, Jessica Velez, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal trespass after having been previously warned not to trespass at a known address, according to a police report.
• 3 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Beau Clark, 32, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:19 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, Pomona, a 42-year-old Pomona man reported that a known suspect damaged a window in his residence.
• 10:51 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of North Center Avenue, Williamsburg, Jennifer Ritchey, 38, and Tony Radford, 44, both of Williamsburg, were involved in a domestic dispute. A report was taken and forwarded to the Franklin County Attorney’s Office.
• 9:34 a.m. Sunday, 300 block of West Warrant Street, Williamsburg, a 49-year-old Lamont, Okla., woman reported an unknown suspect entered her property on the west side of the Williamsburg ball fields and stole a green 2000s model Kawasaki Mule. Estimated loss was $18,000.
• 6:06 p.m. Sunday, 3300 block of Shawnee Road, a 37-year-old Wellsville man reported a burglary at a property on Shawnee Road. Estimated loss was $2,550.
• 5:24 p.m. Monday, 4200 block of Arkansas Road, a 47-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown suspect entered her vacant residence and stole a hot water heater and a child’s bicycle.
• 3:39 p.m. Monday, South Eisenhower Avenue and Labette Road, a 2002 Ford Focus driven by David Wells, 58, Ottawa, was traveling east in the 2100 block of Labette Road when it struck a calf. Clayton Watts II, 49, Ottawa, said he was returning the calf to its pen when it was spooked and ran into the path of Wells’ vehicle. Wells was not injured, and Watts planned to euthanize the calf, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 4:16 p.m. Monday, 3300 block of K-68, a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Victoria Reed, 16, Ottawa, struck the back of a 2000 Chevrolet S-10 driven by Corey Meier, 20, Osawatomie, in the 3200 block of K-68. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 7:22 a.m. Monday, North Cedar and North Massasoit streets, a 51-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged a glass pane at the bus stop.
• 1:18 p.m. Monday, Lincoln and Walton streets, a 2-year-old child was found wandering in the middle of the street and was taken into protective custody, according to a police report.
• 10:28 a.m. Tuesday, 100 block of East 27th Street, a tractor-trailer driven by Norman Merritt, 43, Kansas City, Kan., rolled over onto its side while turning left off U.S. 59 into the entrance of Love’s Travel Stop, 203 E. 27th St. The load inside the trailer shifted, causing the trailer to overturn, a police report said. Merritt was not injured.
• 4:06 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of North Davis Avenue, a motorcycle driven by Robert A. Repine, 33, Osawatomie, crashed in the 1600 block of North Davis Avenue. Repine died Tuesday evening at Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., from injuries he suffered in the crash.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, traffic complaint.
• Tuesday: 800 block of North Elm Street, medical call; 200 block of East Fourth Street, alarm; 800 block of Chilton Avenue, check welfare; 700 block of Main Street, serve warrant; 300 block of Main Street, medical call; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, 203 E. 27th Ave., firefighters responded to single-vehicle wreck.
• 4:06 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of North Davis Avenue, firefighters responded to a motorcycle wreck.
• 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, 900 E. Logan St., firefighters responded to a brush/grass fire.
• Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Monday and Tuesday.