Openings offer roles for new faces on city boards
By The Herald Staff | 4/23/2014
The Ottawa Airport Advisory Board is looking for a new member.
The City of Ottawa is seeking someone to fill the remainder of Cal Lantis’ unexpired term, which runs through 2016. Lantis recently resigned from the board.
The city also has several other open positions on boards and commissions, which include:
• Accessibility Advisory Board — two openings. Each term is for two years.
• Library Board — one opening. The term is for four years.
• Planning Commission — one opening. The term is for three years.
• Tree Board — one opening. The term is for three years.
Additionally, Ottawa city commissioners re-appointed several people to various boards during their April 14 meeting. Those appointments were:
• Crystal Camis, Fourth Judicial Correction Advisory Board.
• Chris Patton, Accessibility Advisory Board.
• Chad Caylor, Airport Advisory Board.
• Jack Miller, Airport Advisory Board.
• Jason Dials, Construction Board of Appeals.
• Marlin Porter, Construction Board of Appeals.
• Donna Rayson, Construction Board of Appeals.
• David Tyler, Library Board.
• Roger Bell, Tree Board.
• John Boyd, Planning Commission.
• Rick Nunez, Planning Commission.
Persons interested in applying for one of the openings on the accessibility, airport, library and tree boards or the open seat on the planning commission should submit their applications to Glora Mathews, executive assistant to the city manager, at email@example.com For more information call Mathews at (785) 229-3637.