Monday, December 22, 2014

Grease fire disrupts restaurant

By The Herald Staff | 5/5/2014

Patrons were evacuated from Old 56 Family Restaurant Monday afternoon when smoke filled the building, Rick Oglesby, Ottawa Fire Department assistant chief, said.

Workers were cleaning and a grill got too hot, causing a small grease fire, Oglesby said. The business did not use its hood suppression system, he said. Although the fire wasn’t serious, he said, the evacuation was a standard safety precaution.

Patrons were evacuated from Old 56 Family Restaurant Monday afternoon when smoke filled the building, Rick Oglesby, Ottawa Fire Department assistant chief, said.

Workers were cleaning and a grill got too hot, causing a small grease fire, Oglesby said. The business did not use its hood suppression system, he said. Although the fire wasn’t serious, he said, the evacuation was a standard safety precaution.

No damage was reported and smoke was removed from the building, he said.

comments powered by Disqus