Monday, November 24, 2014

Hospital poised to select new CEO

By The Herald Staff | 5/14/2014

Ransom Memorial Hospital appears close to hiring a chief executive officer.

The Ottawa hospital’s board of trustees announced Tuesday it planned to offer the CEO position to its top candidate, according to a news release.

The board declined to identify the candidate until an employment agreement had been struck between the parties, Phil Gibson, board president, said in the release. The hiring process will not be completed until the board votes to accept the employment agreement, the release said.

“We anticipate that this will happen within the next few days,” Gibson said.

Alfredo Ontiveros Jr., a veteran hospital administrator with 40 years of experience in the health care field, started March 10 as interim CEO of Ransom, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, succeeding Larry Felix, who retired at the end of February after serving as the hospital’s CEO for 14 years.

The board appears to be ahead of its timetable to find Felix’s successor. Gibson said in March the board wanted to have a new CEO in place by the end of June.

comments powered by Disqus