Daily Report for June 12, 2013
• Tuesday: Diana Bowlby, Ottawa; Cheri Campbell, Ottawa.
• Monday: Saundra Teal Schroller, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Dorothy Cook, Ottawa; Wanda Perney, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 6:09 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Brian Richardson, 46, Ottawa, and Jerry Spurlock Jr., 46, Ottawa, were engaged in a physical altercation in the jail. Spurlock was arrested on suspicion of battery and bond was set at $2,500, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:17 a.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Leslie Timm, 24, Ottawa, on suspicion of shoplifting items from the store.
• 10:32 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of East Sixth Street, John Owczarski, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 3:43 p.m. Monday, 1800 block of Oregon Road, a 64-year-old Princeton woman reported 180 tablets of Alprazomlam were taken from her mailbox.
• 2:59 p.m. Monday, 2420 Old U.S. 50, a 1996 Lexus driven by Cayleigh Weiter, 16, Edgerton, was traveling south on Old U.S. 50 when she over-corrected her vehicle after going onto the shoulder and drove through a fence, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 2:30 p.m. Monday, 600 block of South Locust Street, a 23-year-old Lawrence woman reported an unknown suspect entered her boyfriend’s locked residence and stole her items.
• 9:52 p.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 36-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of several items.
• 5:51 p.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 75-year-old Princeton woman reported that her purse was stolen while she was shopping.
• 10:14 a.m. Monday, 1600 block of Eisenhower Avenue, a vehicle driven by Joe Oakes, 81, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Richard Delatorre, 66, Ottawa. Oakes was cited for inattentive driving, according to a police report.
• 3:51 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Jeannette Lewis, 62, Pomona, struck a legally parked vehicle. Lewis was cited for inattentive driving, according to a police report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 1:38 a.m. Monday, City Hall, 101 S. Hickory St., alarm system activated. No fire was reported.
• 8:30 a.m. Monday, 1224 College Lane, authorized controlled burning.
• 9:48 a.m. Tuesday, 835 N. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, 1418 S. Main St., smoke detector activated. No fire reported.
• 9:24 p.m. Tuesday, 1317 S. Willow St., investigated an activated carbon monoxide detector.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:42 p.m. Sunday, 2180 I-35 in Franklin County, Williamsburg firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• Firefighters responded to 11 medical calls Friday through Tuesday.