Daily Report for July 22, 2013
• Sunday: Dorothy Bennett, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Phyllis Hayward, Baldwin City.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 9:19 a.m. Friday, 1300 block of South Main Street, Loy Hutchison, 50, Princeton, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and transporting an open container after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 3:02 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of South Locust Street, Victoria Everhart, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence of alcohol.
• Saturday, no time given, 600 block of South Ash Street, Shane Kloog, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of narcotics, drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct.
Police Department News
• 12:28 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, Alyssa Kennington, 19, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear after she failed to report striking a 59-year-old Ottawa man with her car, according to a police report.
• 8:29 p.m. Friday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, a 39-year-old Ottawa man reported he was battered by a 69-year-old Ottawa man.
• 2:07 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of North Main Street, a 56-year-old Lane man reported an unknown suspect damaged the padlock to his storage unit and stole items from inside.
• 8:01 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Crystal Elder, 29, Ottawa, was cited on suspicion of theft of several items from Walmart, according to a police report.
• 9:15 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Oak Street, a 70-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his bicycle.
• 5:32 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of South Oak Street, an 83-year-old Ottawa woman reported household items were damaged and stolen by a 23-year-old known suspect.
• 11:33 a.m. Saturday, 2300 block of South Eisenhower Road, a vehicle driven by Robert Story, 60, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Kenton Egelhoff, 58, Quenemo. Story was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign, according to a police report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:08 a.m. Sunday, 2340 S. Oak St., firefighters investigated a report of smoke coming from an air conditioning unit. Power was shut off to the frozen unit, and the occupants were advised to contact a service company for repairs, the report said.
• Firefighters assisted with 13 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 10:43 a.m. Saturday, 2153 U.S. 59, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Friday through Sunday.