Daily Report for August 6, 2014
• Tuesday: Gary Walburn, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 3:02 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Robert Wright, 44, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear court.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:50 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Jessica Velez, 31, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:40 p.m. Monday, Franklin County District Court, 301 S. Main St., Chelse Soto, 18, Baldwin City, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:41 p.m. Sunday, 2000 block of Eisenhower Road, a 67-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of five 16-inch tires and miscellaneous fishing gear. Loss was estimated at $2,300.
• 7:04 p.m. Sunday, 2000 block of Eisenhower Road, a 67-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of two extension ladders and an aluminum walkway scaffolding. Loss was estimated at $600.
• 9:28 p.m. Monday, Old U.S. 50 and Colorado Road, a 2004 Dodge Caravan driven by Larry Eichman, 76, Westphalia, struck a deer in the 2000 block of Colorado Road.
Police Department News
• 7:18 p.m. Monday, 1100 block of West Seventh Street, Dustin Rutledge, 32, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court after his dog bit a 6-year-old known Ottawa girl.
• 2:33 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of Walnut Street, a 2-year-old Ottawa girl was taken into protective custody because of unsatisfactory living conditions.
• 6:25 a.m. Monday, Steanson Plumbing, 133 N. Cedar St., a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported damage to the business and theft of items.
• 4:25 p.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a known suspect stole items from the store.
• 4:01 p.m. Monday, 100 block of South Main Street, a 2005 Ford Explorer driven by a 17-year-old Ottawa boy was backing up when it struck a 2007 Dodge Caliber owned by Katherine Ferguson, 39, Ottawa. The teenager was cited for improper backing.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 300 block of Walnut Street, theft.
• Tuesday: 400 block of Locust Street, animal complaint; 600 block of Main Street, attempted theft; 500 block of Walnut Street, debris in roadway; 500 block of Locust Street, pedestrian check; Seventh and Walnut streets, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:21 a.m. Friday, 225 W. Wilson St., authorized controlled burning.
• 1:19 p.m. Friday, 501 S. Otter Lane, smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 5:32 a.m. Monday, Bethany Chapel Baptist Church, 131 S. Poplar St., firefighters responded to a fire at the church. Firefighters were called to the scene a second time at 3:13 a.m. Tuesday to extinguish a small hot spot from the previous fire and there was no additional damage, according to a fire report.
• Firefighters assisted with 16 medical calls Friday through Tuesday.