Daily Report for August 13, 2014
• Tuesday: George Louderback, Burlington; Robert Smith, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Leta Macarthur, Garnett; Claudia Williams, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:48 a.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Jackson Road, James R. Ennes, 53, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:22 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of South Hickory Street, a 53-year-old Ottawa man reported he had been battered. A 15-year-old suspect was later arrested.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1 p.m. Tuesday, 4800 block of Riley Road, a 48-year-old Olathe man reported a burglary at a building on Riley Road near Wellsville. Several brass fittings of various sizes and several electric motors used in the oil field business were taken, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 7:05 a.m. Monday, 1400 block of South Willow Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an unsecured bicycle from her yard.
• 2:01 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Walnut Street, a 24-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone entered her vehicle and stole items.
• 9:44 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of South Main Street, a 27-year-old Ottawa man reported someone entered his residence and stole items.
• 9:57 a.m. Monday, 2200 block of East Wilson Street, a vehicle driven by Kenneth Messick, 17, Pomona, struck a utility pole. Messick was cited for reckless driving.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, special assignment.
• Tuesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, civil matter.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 10:27 a.m. Monday, 808 S. Cypress St., authorized controlled burning.
• 7:41 a.m. Tuesday, 808 S. Cypress St., authorized controlled burning.
• 8:07 a.m. Tuesday, 1001 S. College Lane, alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Monday and Tuesday.