Daily Report for Sept. 13, 2013
• Wednesday: Ruby Burgdorfer, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Margie Baldwin, Ottawa; Alvin Crawford, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Wilma Everett, Lyndon.
• Thursday: Henry Foster, Burlington; Ariel Tucker, Ottawa; Kimberlee Wolz, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 1:21 p.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Jamette Streeter, 39, Vassar, on suspicion of theft. Streeter also was arrested on suspicion of trafficking contraband (prescription medication) into a correctional facility and possession of prescription medication, according to a police report.
• 11:06 a.m. Thursday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, Jeard Manis, 34, Ottawa, on a warrant from another agency.
• 2:33 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Shawna Reed, 20, Mound City, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 3:22 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, Leonard M. Collins, 49, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery and criminal damage to property.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:08 a.m. Wednesday, 123 N. Ninth St., a 23-year-old Centropolis man reported he was involved in a physical altercation with his roommate. The man had several cuts on his back but refused medical attention, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:56 a.m. Thursday, Anderson Tire, 3706 Old U.S. 59, a 54-year-old Ottawa man reported someone damaged a door trying to break into the business. Damage was estimated at $1,000, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 8:53 a.m. Thursday, 3900 block of Indiana Road, a 35-year-old Pomona woman reported someone stole her purse from her vehicle.
• 9:07 a.m. Wednesday, Labette and Montana roads, a 1995 Ford F-250 driven by Christopher Cunningham, 35, Ottawa, was northbound on Montana Road when it was struck at the intersection of Labette and Montana roads by a 2001 Ford Windstar driven by Richard Doan, 65, Ottawa, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 8:51 p.m. Wednesday, 2180 I-35, a vehicle driven by Randy Kloiber, 48, Paola, was southbound on I-35 when it struck a deer.
• 6:07 a.m. Thursday, 4300 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 1998 Plymouth Breeze driven by Rhonda Walker, 44, Gardner, was northbound on I-35 near milepost 197 when she fell asleep and the vehicle struck a guard rail, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 9:37 p.m. Thursday, Canterbury Court, Amanda Walsh, 33, Ottawa, was cited and released after her dog bit a 5-year-old Ottawa girl, according to police report.
• 7 a.m. Wednesday, 900 block of North Sycamore Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of construction material from inside a building.
• 8:17 a.m. Wednesday, Carswell Automotive, 2146 S. Elm St., a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of motor fuel from several vehicles.
• 3 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of South Lincoln Street, a 36-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of a computer from inside a residence.
• Wednesday, no time given, Ottawa High School, 1120 Ash St., a 43-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of an iPod.
• 8:24 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, a 39-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole his bicycle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 200 block of East 10th Street, check welfare.
• Thursday: 300 block of Walnut Street, theft; 300 block of Maple Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:51 p.m. Wednesday, 313 S. Locust St., firefighters investigated a report of a natural gas leak.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.