Daily Report for Sept. 16, 2013
• Friday: Darcy Moody, Pomona; Peggy Spain, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Alvin Crawford, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Darcy Moody, Pomona.
• Friday: Baby girl, 7 pounds, 9 ounces, to Darcy and Michael Moody, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:04 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Brian Franklin, 30, Ottawa, on an Anderson County warrant.
• 5:15 p.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Tiffany Coolberth, 34, Topeka, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 4:50 p.m. Sunday, 3000 block of Kingman Road, an Ottawa boy, no age given, was arrested on suspicion of damaging property in his family’s home, according to a sheriff’s report. The boy was transported to the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, the report said.
Police Department Arrests
• 1 p.m. Friday, Brookside Lane and South Mulberry Street, Juan Garcia Jr., 21, Great Bend, on suspicion of driving while declared an habitual violator and on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 3:31 p.m. Friday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Levi Sitlington, 18, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 3:50 p.m. Friday, 800 block of South Cherry Street, Leonard Collins, 49, Ottawa, on suspicion of violating a protection order.
• 11:08 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of East 27th Street, Rachel Wilson, 33, Wichita, on suspicion of driving while suspended, no insurance and possession of paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 12:11 a.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Ash Street, John Shockey, 41, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 12:51 p.m. Saturday, 2600 block of I-35, Fransisco Javier Reyes-Padilla, 29, Kansas City, Mo., on suspicion of driving without a driver’s license and on a Kingman County warrant after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 6:43 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of North Hemlock Street, Daniel L. Slemp, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 11:51 a.m. Sunday, 600 block of South Willow Street, Steven Wayne Jackson, 40, Ottawa, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 9:04 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of South Hickory Street, Mitchell Bridgewater, 52, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 11:09 a.m. Friday, 100 block of South State Street, a 53-year-old Richmond woman reported someone stole items valued at $1,025 from her storage unit in Richmond.
• 8:02 a.m. Sunday, 2200 block of East 15 Street, a 41-year-old Pomona woman reported the theft of several items from her parked camper. Loss was estimated at $3,200.
• 3:11 p.m. Sunday, 1500 block of Iowa Road, a 49-year-old Princeton woman reported the theft of several tools and chainsaws from a garage. Loss was estimated at $1,800.
• 4:25 p.m. Friday, 2000 block of K-68, a 1999 Ford Explorer driven by Jaid Larios, 19, Pomona, was westbound in the 2000 block of K-68 when she lost control of the vehicle and it went into the ditch, according to a sheriff’s report. No one was injured, the report said.
Police Department News
• Friday, no time given, 400 block East 11th Street. A 40-year-old Ottawa man discovered a dead canine near the Ottawa University baseball fields, according to a police report. It was unknown how the dog died, and its death is under investigation, the report said.
• 9:27 p.m. Friday, Canterbury Drive, a 42-year-old Ottawa woman reported damage to her vehicle. The case remains under investigation.
• 5:16 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of South Main Street, a 24-year-old Ottawa man reported he was battered by a 33-year-old Baldwin City man after the two were involved in a minor wreck, according to a police report.
• Sunday, no time given, South Cherry Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was sexually assaulted by a known suspect. The case is under investigation.
• 8:14 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of South Elm Street, a 51-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of a moped.
• 11:58 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Hickory Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect used his financial card unlawfully.
• 7:11 p.m. Friday, 2000 block of Princeton Circle Drive, a vehicle driven by a 16-year-old Wellsville girl struck a vehicle driven by Nathan Ward, 20, Ottawa, according to a police report.
• 7:54 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of South Locust Street, a 55-year-old Ottawa man reported someone struck his vehicle that was legally parked in the street. Caitlin Smith, 24, Ottawa, later was arrested on suspicion of failing to report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident, according to a police report.
• 9:37 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of North Hemlock Street, Matthew Wahweotten, 25, Ottawa, struck a parked vehicle, according to a police report. The case remains under investigation, the report said.
• 4:12 p.m. Sunday, 900 block of Locust Street, Tammy Mackinnon, 41, Ottawa, was cited for leaving the scene of an accident after her vehicle struck a vehicle illegally parked by a juvenile-age driver, according to a police report. The juvenile driver was cited as well, the report said.
• 2:14 p.m. Sunday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Richard Long, 59, Leavenworth, was backing on to the street when it struck a vehicle driven by a 16-year-old Ottawa driver, according to a police report.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 12:06 p.m. Saturday, 1415 S. Main St., firefighters investigated a possible natural gas leak.
• 9:39 p.m. Saturday, 644 N. Hemlock St., firefighters responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Friday through Sunday.