Friday, August 01, 2014

Burnt food at OU no cause for alarm

By The Herald Staff | 9/18/2013

Where there’s smoke ... there’s not always fire.

Burning food tripped a fire alarm at 2:44 p.m. Monday at Brown Hall, a student dormitory on the University of Ottawa campus, 1001 S. Cedar St., Ottawa, but the charred food did not cause any damage — except to the meal, fire officials said.

Where there’s smoke ... there’s not always fire.

Burning food tripped a fire alarm at 2:44 p.m. Monday at Brown Hall, a student dormitory on the University of Ottawa campus, 1001 S. Cedar St., Ottawa, but the charred food did not cause any damage — except to the meal, fire officials said.

“The student was cooking when some food was burnt that created very light smoke that activated the alarm system,” Jeff Carner, Ottawa fire chief, said. “There was no fire and no damage.”

comments powered by Disqus