Thursday, October 23, 2014

House badly damaged by fire

By The Herald Staff | 11/6/2013

WELLSVILLE ­— A home in the 300 block of East Second Street in Wellsville is inhabitable for now, because of a fire that broke out in the structure 7 p.m. Tuesday, Clayton Neel, Wellsville firefighter, said.

Dispatch alerted the Wellsville Fire Department at about 7 p.m. of a furnace fire in the two-bedroom home, Neel said. People were inside of the house at the time of the fire, Neel said, and all occupants made it out safely. The names of the occupants had not been released Wednesday afternoon.

WELLSVILLE ­— A home in the 300 block of East Second Street in Wellsville is inhabitable for now, because of a fire that broke out in the structure 7 p.m. Tuesday, Clayton Neel, Wellsville firefighter, said.

Dispatch alerted the Wellsville Fire Department at about 7 p.m. of a furnace fire in the two-bedroom home, Neel said. People were inside of the house at the time of the fire, Neel said, and all occupants made it out safely. The names of the occupants had not been released Wednesday afternoon.

Although no official damage estimate has been released, Neel said, the house sustained smoke and heat damage throughout the structure.

comments powered by Disqus