Daily Report for Nov. 13, 2013
• Tuesday: Esther Garcia, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 9:39 a.m. Monday, 500 block of South Main Street, William Karn, 49, Ottawa, on a Brown County warrant.
• 7:01 p.m. Monday, 900 block of Lincoln Street, Charles Meredith, 32, Ottawa, on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 11:36 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of North Main Street, Scott Swanson, 20, Baldwin City, on suspicion of driving with no proof of insurance.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:18 p.m. Monday, 3100 block of Florida Road, a 30-year-old Pomona woman reported a known 27-year-old Pomona man violated a protection order.
• 11:13 a.m. Monday, 1300 block of Labette Road, a couple reported an unknown suspect had entered their home and stole items valued at $7,500.
• 5:40 p.m. Monday, 500 block of Jefferson Street, Pomona, a 25-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown suspect stole a Toshiba laptop computer valued at $700 from her home.
• 9:15 p.m. Monday, West Seventh Street and South Eisenhower Avenue, a 2005 Toyota Matrix driven by Bonnie Warner, 71, Lyndon, was eastbound in the 2400 block of K-68 when she began to turn left and struck a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Chaz Wright, 16, Quenemo, which was westbound on Seventh Street.
• 5:32 p.m. Tuesday, K-33 and Shawnee Road, a green 2000 Chrysler Concorde driven by Laura Bishop, 48, Wellsville, was traveling south on K-33 when it made a turn onto Shawnee Road and was struck by a maroon 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe driven by Tara Greene, 37, Wellsville, which also was southbound on K-33. Bishop, who said she had neck pain, was transported to an area hospital, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 5:55 p.m. Tuesday, 2200 block of K-68, a 2010 Ford F-150 driven by Keith Domme, 31, Quenemo, was westbound on K-68 when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 9:41 a.m. Monday, 800 block of Ash Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa woman reported a battery and criminal damage to property by a known 34-year-old Ottawa man. The case is under investigation.
• 8:06 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of South Main Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making suicidal comments.
• 9:29 a.m. Tuesday, 700 block of West Second Street, a 32-year-old Pomona woman reported a 10-year-old Pomona girl as a child in need of care.
• 12:30 p.m. Monday, Ferrellgas, 801 N. Locust St., a 47-year-old Rantoul man reported someone damaged property and stole items from the company.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 700 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 700 block of Poplar Street, public escort; 600 block of Walnut Street, medical call; 900 block of Main Street, theft report; 300 block of Walnut Street, civil matter.
• Tuesday: K-33 and Shawnee Road, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:36 p.m. Friday, 720 S. Tremont Ave., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 8:43 a.m. Saturday, 300 S. Ash St., authorized controlled burning. No fire reported.
• 1:08 p.m. Saturday, 1230 N. Mulberry St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 6 p.m. Saturday, 912 N. Main St., small fire in a storage shed. The fire was extinguished before firefighters arrived, and the shed was not damaged, according to a fire report.
• 1:31 p.m. Tuesday, 724 S. Locust St., firefighters responded to a passenger vehicle fire.
• Firefighters assisted with 13 medical calls Friday through Monday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to 10 medical calls Friday through Monday.