Daily Report for Nov. 15, 2013
• Thursday: Cecil Elliott, Pomona; Ricky McCurdy, Ottawa; Renate Gordon, Princeton.
• Wednesday: Esther Garcia, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:16 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Sadi Englebretson, 23, Richmond, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, Ashley Parks, 29, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 6:52 p.m. Wednesday, East Franklin and Tyler streets, Susan Nance, 30, Quenemo, on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 4:06 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Eric Keller, 20, Hutchinson, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• Thursday, no time given, 700 block of West 11th Street, an 11-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on a Franklin County District Court order.
• 1:23 a.m. Friday, 100 block of West 17th Street, Marlin Porter, 54, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol after his vehicle was stopped for a traffic infraction, according to a police report.
• 1:23 a.m. Friday, milepost 188 on I-35, Darren Trinkle, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and for driving under the influence of alcohol after his vehicle was stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 1:03 p.m. Thursday, 2200 block of East 15th Street, sheriff’s officers executed a search warrant at the storage units for stolen property.
• 8:29 p.m. Wednesday, K-68 and South Eisenhower Road, a vehicle driven by Jacob Small, 24, Lyndon, was westbound on K-68, west of Eisenhower Road, when it struck a deer. Damage to the vehicle was less than $1,000, but the deer was injured and had to be put down, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 5:26 p.m. Thursday, Sand Creek and Eisenhower roads, a vehicle driven by Katherine Allan, 58, Pomona, was eastbound in the 2400 block of Sand Creek Road when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 7:07 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of East Second Street, an 84-year-old Ottawa man was found deceased from apparent natural causes, according to a police report.
• 11:21 a.m. Thursday, 1000 block of East 15th Street, a City of Ottawa-owned fiber-optic cable was found to have been severed by vandals during the night, according to a police report.
• 6:36 p.m. Monday, 900 block of East Logan Street, a vehicle driven by Janis Heck, 59, Ottawa, swerved to avoid a vehicle driven by Feng Zhang, 21, Lawrence, who turned in front of her. Heck’s vehicle then struck another vehicle that was driven by Mary Kaiser, 24, Hutchinson. Zhang was cited for failure to yield the right-of-way while turning left to an approaching vehicle from the opposite direction, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: Milepost 198 on I-35, assist other agency; 100 block of Poplar Street, suspicious activity; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Thursday: 100 block of West Sixth Street, recovered property; 500 block of East Sixth Street, animal complaint; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 300 block of West Seventh Street, public assist; 200 block of Ash Street, juvenile complaint; 300 block of West Second Terrace, animal complaint; Stafford Terrace and K-33, suspicious activity, milepost 102 on I-35, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:10 p.m. Wednesday, North Cherry and East Powhattan streets, firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 3:54 p.m. Wednesday, 1200 block of North Cherry Street, firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 4:14 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of East 15th Street, firefighters investigated a smoke odor.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 6;16 a.m. Wednesday, 2978 Hamilton Road, Ohio firefighters investigated a natural gas odor.
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.