Daily Report for Nov. 22, 2013
• Wednesday: George Markley, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Leo Gregory, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: David Garman, Princeton; Mikela Lucas and baby girl, Ottawa; Ricky McCurdy, Ottawa.
Police Department News
• 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of North Locust, a 38-year-old Wellsville man was taken into protective custody after threatening to harm himself.
• 5:29 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of North Cherry Street, a 59-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after threatening to harm himself.
• Thursday, no time given, 600 block of South Hickory Street, a 23-year-old Ottawa man and a 38-year-old Ottawa woman reported they were battered by each other. The case is under investigation.
• 6:08 p.m. Wednesday, 1800 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Kelly Moore, 36, Ottawa, struck a deer.
• 12:22 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of North Main Street, a vehicle driven by Ruth Hass, 91, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Thomas Corbett, 35, Ottawa. Hass was cited for failure to maintain a single lane.
• 6:32 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Desta Detwiler, 22, Wellsville, struck the back of a vehicle driven by Chad Bruner, 23, Moran, Kan. Bruner’s vehicle was pushed into the back of a vehicle driven by Casey Gilmore, 21, Ottawa. Detwiler was cited for inattentive driving.
• 9:38 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of West Keokuk Street, a vehicle driven by Michelle Smith, 29, Ottawa, struck the railing of a bridge.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of West Second Street, welfare check; 400 block of Main Street, theft report; 4000 block of Tennessee Road, assist outside agency; 4100 block of Vermont Road, assist outside agency.
• Thursday: 400 block of Main Street, vehicle lock-out assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, theft report; K-33 and Douglas County line, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 12:23 p.m. Thursday, 405 N. Main St., firefighters responded to the scene of a two-vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.