Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Thanksgiving Day scare doused by quick use of fire extinguisher

By The Herald Staff | 12/2/2013

A smoking electrical outlet brought Ottawa firefighters on the run about 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day to the 700 block of South Ash Street.

The occupant of the home at 706 S. Ash St. used a fire extinguisher to put out the smoking outlet before firefighters’ arrival, according to a fire department report about the Thursday afternoon incident. No injures were reported.

A smoking electrical outlet brought Ottawa firefighters on the run about 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day to the 700 block of South Ash Street.

The occupant of the home at 706 S. Ash St. used a fire extinguisher to put out the smoking outlet before firefighters’ arrival, according to a fire department report about the Thursday afternoon incident. No injures were reported.

“There was no fire and it caused very minor damage to the outlet and the immediate area around the outlet,” Jeff Carner, Ottawa fire chief, said.

comments powered by Disqus