Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Where there’s smoke ... no fire

By The Herald Staff | 12/2/2013

A smoking oven caused some minor damage to an apartment about 10 a.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of South Osage Drive in Ottawa.

Ottawa Firefighters cleared smoke from 1609 S. Osage Drive, Apt. C., after the occupant placed the oven on a cleaning cycle and left the residence, according to a fire report. No one was injured, and the apartment sustained some smoke damage, the report said.

The apartment filled with smoke but no fire occurred, Jeff Carner, Ottawa fire chief, said.

comments powered by Disqus