Daily Report for Jan. 24, 2014
• Wednesday: Katherine Alexander, Lane; Richard Jackson, Ottawa; Floyd Ramsey, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Raymond Boehm, Ottawa; George Hutchison, Ottawa; Anita Nichols, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 3:35 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Rodney Coble, Baldwin City, 37, on two Douglas County warrants.
Police Department Arrests
• 3:39 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of West Second Street, Anthony Golden, 30, Junction City, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:43 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of South Maple Street, Jessica Schell, 24, Ottawa, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 5:01 p.m. Thursday, 15th Street and Osage Drive, Brandon Dewey, 21, Ottawa, on suspicion of forgery, driving with a suspended license and no insurance.
Police Department News
• 2 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of West Second Street, four children, ages 9, 8, 6 and 5, were taken as children in need of care, according to a police report.
• 9:10 a.m. Thursday, 1300 block of South Elm Street, a 44-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 14-year-old Ottawa boy. The boy also was found to possess drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; I-35 milepost 198, assist outside agency.
• Thursday: 600 block of Walnut Street, animal complaint; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 300 block of West Third Street, trespass complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:09 a.m. Wednesday, 1550 S. Cedar St., invalid assist.
• 2:11 p.m. Wednesday, 2335 S. Oak St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 6:25 p.m. Thursday, 1121 E. Augusta Lane, smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 4:47 a.m. Wednesday, 3313 Nebraska Road, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 12:12 a.m. Thursday, 2064 Rock Creek Road, LOH firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 5:20 a.m. Thursday, 2663 Louisiana Road, fire alarm. No fire reported.
• 6:45 p.m. Thursday, 4366 Douglas Road, Pottawatomie firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 7:13 p.m. Thursday, 2525 Nebraska Road, LOH firefighters responded to a grass fire.