Daily Report for Jan. 27, 2014
• Saturday: Brandi Edstedt, Ottawa; Warner Gifford, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Kristen Kiehl Flanary, Pomona.
• Friday: Donna Malburg, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Richard Jackson, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Baby girl, 9 pounds, 14 ounces, to Kristen Kiehl Flanary and Scott Flanary, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 10:47 a.m. Friday, 1900 block of South Eisenhower Avenue, Michael Flitton, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of reckless driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, no driver’s license, no insurance, obstruction of the legal process and disorderly conduct after being stopped for a traffic infraction, according to a police report.
• 11:51 p.m. Friday, Cherry and Walton streets, a 17-year-old Ottawa man, on an Osage County warrant.
• 1:40 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, Quinten Tyler Gohl, 24, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 5 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of North Main Street, Alan Hassenplug, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery, criminal damage to property and possession of marijuana.
• 10:49 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of North Main Street, Chase Dippel, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Police Department News
• 1:40 p.m. Friday, COF, 1516 N. Davis Ave., Wendy Hixon, 27, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court for disorderly conduct after she interrupted the workplace, according to a police report.
• 4:06 p.m. Friday, 100 block of West 10th Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa woman was taken into protective custody after she threatened to harm herself.
• 10:49 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of North Main Street, Austin Blaue, 19, Ottawa, was cited on suspicion of transporting an open container and being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
• 4:11 a.m. Sunday, 300 block of South Main Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy reported being contacted by a vehicle while he was engaged in an argument with the known driver, according to a police report.
• 9:19 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of South Oak Street, a 35-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his vehicle.
• 12:38 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of North Mulberry Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman was taken into protective custody after making self-destructive comments, according to a police report.
• 4:06 a.m. Monday, skate park, 500 block of East Third Street, a vehicle reported stolen from Kansas City, Kan., was recovered.
• 5:22 p.m. Friday, 100 East Fifth Street, a 29-year-old Baldwin City man reported an unknown suspect entered his storage facility and stole items.
• 7:55 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of East First Street, a 54-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect broke into his business and stole multiple items. The man also reported damage to his building.
• 5:16 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of South Main Street, an 81-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject stole an item from his business.
• 9:39 a.m. Sunday, El Sol, 210 S. Main St., a 32-year-old Lawrence man reported an unknown suspect damaged the business door where they gained entry and stole items.
• 9:49 a.m. Sunday, Poncho’s, 429 S. Main St., a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged a business window where they gained entry and stole items.
• 11:14 a.m. Sunday, 500 block of West 18th Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his grill.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 4800 block of Fiber Lane, assist other agency; 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Sunday: K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; I-35 at milepost 198, assist other agency; 300 block of West First Street, animal complaint; 500 block of East Third Street, civil matter; 300 block of Locust Street, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:17 p.m. Friday, 2138 S. Princeton Circle Drive, investigated electrical wiring.
• 11:35 a.m. Saturday, 2250 S. Elm St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 11:46 a.m. Saturday, 628 N. Sycamore St., firefighters responded to a vegetation fire.
• 6:56 p.m. Sunday, 709 S. Poplar St., firefighters responded to a downed power line.
• 8:54 p.m. Sunday, 1413 S. Main St., firefighters responded to a downed power line.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Friday through Monday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 7:07 a.m. Friday, Old U.S. 50 and Florida Road, Williamsburg firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 5:32 p.m. Friday, 3400 block of I-35, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 2:39 p.m. Saturday, 2249 Nevada Road, LOH firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Friday through Monday.