Daily Report for Jan. 31, 2014
• Wednesday: Charles McNaughton, Ottawa; Justyne Wilson, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Mary Lang, Ottawa; Shirley Mance, Ottawa; Cheryl McDonald, Princeton.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 9:03 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, Mitchell Bridgewater, 52, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and transporting an open container after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 9:09 a.m. Thursday, Country Mart, 2138 S. Princeton St., Sheena Keeney, 49, Paola, on suspicion of battering two victims, theft and possession of marijuana.
Police Department News
• 12:06 p.m. Wednesday, Ottawa University, 1001 S. Cedar St., report of a known suspect making a criminal threat.
• 5:26 a.m. Thursday, Ottawa Sanitation, 211 W. Wilson St., a 64-year-old Ottawa man reported someone damaged vehicles and a building at his business.
• 6:09 p.m. Thursday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., an 18-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole fuel.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 300 block of West Seventh Street, animal complaint; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Thursday: 300 block of Douglas Street, assist other agency; I-35 milepost 198, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:55 a.m. Wednesday, 312 S. Main St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 8:47 a.m. Wednesday, 304 S. Walnut St., responded to a natural gas leak.
• 11:37 a.m. Wednesday, 517 N. Poplar St., investigated a report of a natural gas odor. Nothing was found.
• 12:33 p.m. Wednesday, 1005 S. Main St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 3:43 p.m. Thursday, 1307 E. 15th St., firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 7:08 a.m. Wednesday, 809 Barnes Ave., Centropolis firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.