Daily Report for Jan. 14, 2014
• Thursday: Cassie Dunbar, Princeton; Corinne Hiles, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Richard Moore, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Alice Mason, Ottawa; Richard Crook, Williamsburg.
• Thursday: Baby boy, 8 pounds, 11.8 ounces, to Cassie and Aaron Dunbar, Princeton.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 3:14 p.m. Wednesday, I-35 milepost 183, Daisher Crosby, 22, Wichita, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license and possession of marijuana and paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 7:25 p.m. Wednesday, Love’s Travel Stop, 203 E. 27th St., Michael Kuczynski, 58, Pasadena, Texas, on suspicion of battering a 63-year-old Muscatine, Iowa, man.
• 4:18 a.m. Thursday, 1100 block of North Davis Avenue, Valerie Bennett, 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of damaging property.
• 10:12 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, Alina Hibbs, 31, Ottawa, on a Douglas County warrant.
• 10:17 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, Jay Rogers, 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 3:40 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of East Third Street, Billy Bush, 53, Ottawa, on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
• 5:32 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of North Hemlock Street, Daniel Slemp, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 69-year-old Ottawa man.
Police Department News
• 9:56 p.m. Wednesday, South Beach Cove, 1608 S. Main St., a 23-year-old Ottawa man and a 29-year-old Ottawa woman reported having been threatened and a 23-year-old Ottawa man reported having property damaged by a 38-year-old Ottawa man. The case remains under investigation.
• 11:25 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of North Poplar Street, Vera Gilbert, 44, McFarland, Kan., reported an unknown vehicle struck her parked vehicle.
• 4:10 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of South Elm Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa man reported damage to his residence by fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
• 6:43 a.m. Friday, 800 block of West 13th Street, police responded to the unattended death of a 62-year-old Ottawa man. Foul play was not suspected, police said.
• 8:53 a.m. Wednesday, Orscheln Farm & Home, 2008 S. Princeton St., a 43-year-old Madison, Mo., man reported an unknown suspect stole items from the store.
• Wednesday, a 20-year-old Ottawa man reported someone used his financial information to make fraudulent transactions 9 a.m. at Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., and 10:27 a.m. at Dollar Tree, 211 E. 23rd St.
• 3:08 p.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 2101 S. Princeton St., Susan Rowland, 79, Ottawa, was cited for leaving the scene of a collision with a parked vehicle.
• 4:13 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of East Second Street, a vehicle driven by Shirley Corbin, 73, Ottawa, struck a vehicle owned by the City of Ottawa that was driven by Larabe Alexander, 35, Ottawa.
• 7:59 p.m. Wednesday, BP gas station, 2305 S. Cedar St., Larry Stewart, 49, Ottawa, was cited for leaving the scene of an accident with a parked vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist.
• Thursday: 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, 911 misdial.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, 734 S. Elm St., firefighters responded to a residential home fire. The fire caused an estimated $2,000 damage. No one was injured.
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Wednesday.