Daily Report for Feb. 21, 2014
• Thursday: Meagan Blanchard, Waverly; Cheri Campbell, Ottawa; Buddy Taylor, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Mary Gooding, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 7:11 a.m. Wednesday, Warren County, Mo., Jail, Wesley Eugene Baker, 24, Warren, Mo., on two Franklin County warrants.
• 9:36 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Hickory Street, Brandon C. Harmon, 29, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 1:10 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Kevin Hamblin, 35, Richmond, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:10 a.m. Wednesday, Ottawa Police Department, 15 W. Second St., Terl Tobias, 28, Olathe, on a Shawnee County warrant.
• 1:12 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of Ash Street, a 15-year-old Ottawa girl, on suspicion of battery.
• 4:16 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., John Penner, 27, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 4:16 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Steven Jackson, 40, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:31 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Candice Gragg, 31, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:19 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jesse Liggett, 28, Eudora, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:58 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of East Franklin Street, Pomona, an 11-year-old Ottawa boy was taken into custody after he became unruly while his 32-year-old mother was driving and started hitting and biting her. The youth was transported to the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center.
• 4 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 305 S. Main St., an Ottawa woman reported a theft from her residence. Estimated loss was $2,600.
• 11:48 a.m. Wednesday, Labette Road and South Eisenhower Avenue, a 2013 KIA Optima driven by Christina Shay, 29, Pomona, was westbound on Labette Road when it left the roadway and struck a culvert. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at more than $1,000.
Police Department News
• 11 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of East Garfield Street, a 15-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making comments about harming himself.
• 9:44 a.m. Thursday, 600 block of South Burroughs Street, a 43-year-old Ottawa man reported a 17-year-old Ottawa boy as a runaway.
• 7:29 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, 226 S. Beech St., a 30-year-old Ottawa man was battered by a juvenile inmate, according to a police report.
• 9:26 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of North Cherry Street, a 35-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of cash by a known suspect.
• 4:17 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of South Elm Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of two bicycles. An 11-year-old Ottawa boy and a 12-year-old Ottawa boy were arrested later in connection with the incident, according to a police report.
• 4:40 p.m. Thursday, 1600 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Moriah Miller, 18, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Cody Luke, 23, Ottawa. Miller was cited for failure to yield from a private drive.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, assist other agency; 400 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 200 block of West Second Street, disturbance.
• Thursday: 200 block of Main Street, traffic complaint; 100 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 500 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 200 block of Downey Street, structure fire.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, 427 N. Poplar St., authorized a controlled burning.
• 4:47 p.m. Wednesday, 721 S. Mulberry St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 5:24 p.m. Wednesday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., firefighters investigated an electrical switch problem in the mechanical room. No fire occurred.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 8:37 p.m. Thursday, 224 Downey Drive, Wellsville, Wellsville firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 9:25 p.m. Thursday, 421 S. Cedar St., Rantoul, Cutler and Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 11:31 p.m. Wednesday, Shawnee and Colorado roads, Pomona firefighters responded to a problem with a power line.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Wednesday.