Daily Report for Feb. 24, 2014
• Friday: Rex Bartlow, Ottawa; Edwin Horstick, Richmond.
• Saturday: Meagan Blanchard, Waverly.
• Sunday: Cheri Campbell, Ottawa.
• Friday: Baby girl, 9 pounds, to Meagan Blanchard and John O’Neill, Waverly.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:33 a.m. Friday, 400 block of West Franklin Street, Chad Smith, 37, Pomona, on an Osage County warrant.
• 9:43 p.m. Friday, 3100 block of Iowa Road, Justin Schrick, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated battery, aggravated assault and criminal damage to property.
• 2:18 a.m. Saturday, 1500 block of U.S. 59, Mary Bell, 28, Garnett, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• 8:57 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of West 11th Street, Lisa Young, 36, Ottawa, on a Franklin County civil warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 2:44 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of South Mulberry Street, Gary Farrar, 59, Pomona, on an Osage County warrant.
• 1:16 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of North Main Street, Linda Reyes, 36, Ottawa, on a Saline County warrant.
• 2:21 p.m. Sunday, 2300 block of Eisenhower Avenue, Kenneth Burgoon, 23, Greeley, on an Anderson County warrant.
• 1:05 a.m. Monday, Fifteenth Street and I-35, Bruce Deron, 23, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:57 p.m. Friday, 4700 block of Indiana Road, a 58-year-old Ottawa man reported several guns were taken from his residence sometime that day. Estimated loss was $3,000.
• 8:54 a.m. Saturday, 1700 block of Pawnee Road, a 54-year-old Pomona man said someone stole his 2003 Harley Davidson Electra Glide motorcycle. Estimated loss was $7,000.
• 1:52 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of Old U.S. 50, a 65-year-old Lenexa man reported someone broke into his storage building in the 1500 block of Old U.S. 50. No property was taken from the building, but damage was estimated at $300.
• 2:03 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Baldwin Street, a 44-year-old Garnett man reported theft of fuel and criminal damage to property at the Richmond Fire Department. Estimated loss was $255.
• 8:19 p.m. Friday, U.S. 59 and Jackson Road, a 2014 Chevrolet Impala driven by William Fry Jr., Park City, was southbound on U.S. 59 near Jackson Road when it struck a coyote.
• 12:41 p.m. Saturday, West Franklin High School, 511 E. Franklin St., Martin Funk, 48, Chanute, reported someone backed into his 2011 Nissan Armada while it was parked in the West Franklin school parking lot, damaging his bumper.
Police Department News
• 4:13 p.m. Friday, 2600 block of I-35, a 42-year-old Hartford, Kan., woman reported her 11-year-old child was restrained and touched inappropriately by two 11-year-old youths. The case is under investigation.
• 5:41 p.m. Friday, 400 block of East 11th Street, a 49-year-old Indianola, Iowa, man reported his dog was attacked by another dog. The case is under investigation.
• 9:13 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of North Main Street, Mary Stewart, 20, Lecompton, Kan., was cited on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
• 9:13 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of North Main Street, Kameron Hurd, 21, Perry, Kan., was cited on suspicion of transporting an open container of alcohol.
• 10:23 p.m. Saturday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, Caylie Farrar, 24, Pomona, was cited on suspicion of possession of marijuana.
• 11:45 a.m. Saturday, Casey’s General Store, 1019 W. Seventh St., a 60-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect drove off without paying for fuel.
• 5:21 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of South Mulberry Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an item from her unlocked house. • 10:23 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 41-year-old Gridley man reported unknown suspects stole items from the store.
• 3:22 p.m. Friday, 935 Bennett Road, Gail Gorszczyk, a 52-year-old McPherson, Kan., woman reported an unknown vehicle struck her parked vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 200 block of Edgewood, parking complaint; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 300 block of North Maple Terrace, civil matter; 600 block of Walnut Street, 911 disconnect; 600 block of Walnut Street traffic complaint.
• Sunday: 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 1000 block of Poplar Street, assist other agency; 200 block of Downey Drive, animal complaint; 400 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:47 a.m. Friday, 845 E. Hamblin St., unauthorized burning.
• 6:52 p.m. Friday, 935 E. Ninth St., firefighters responded to a residential fire. No one was injured. Damage to the structure and contents was estimated at $75,000, according to a fire report.
• 7:52 a.m. Saturday, 225 W. Wilson St., authorized controlled burning.
• 11:19 a.m. Saturday, 1332 S. Mulberry St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 1:03 p.m. Saturday, John Brown and Oregon roads, Cutler and Pottawatomie firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 10:32 p.m. Saturday, Nebraska and Labette roads, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 1:38 a.m. Sunday, Labette Road and Arkansas Terrace, Pomona firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 3:51 a.m. Sunday, Nebraska and Labette roads, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 11 a.m. Sunday, 519 King Road, Ohio firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls Friday through Sunday.