Daily Report for March 1, 2013
• Thursday: Jimmy Garcia, Ottawa; Donald Meyer, Ottawa; Kenneth Suffron, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Miriam Yoder, Welda.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 11:58 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of South Main Street, Paden Harley, 21, Pomona, on warrants from Franklin, Shawnee and Osage counties.
• 7:13 p.m. Thursday, 715 W. Second St., Roger Coffman, 35, Olathe, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 8:33 p.m. Thursday, 226 S. Beech St., a 17-year-old Ottawa girl was arrested on a City of Ottawa traffic warrant.
• 12:01 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of South Main Street, a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested for under age consumption of alcohol.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:24 a.m. Wednesday, 809 Barnes Ave., the 56-year-old owner of Gilliland Tire and Engine reported unknown suspects broke into his shop. Total loss was $761.94.
• 9:07 a.m. Wednesday, 1818 Stafford Road, a 55-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect gained entry into the shop office on his property. No items were missing, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 11:04 a.m. Wednesday, 401 Madison St., an 80-year-old Pomona man reported several power tools were stolen from under a tarp at his residence. Loss was estimated at $250, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 11:25 a.m. Wednesday, 621 Taylor St., an 80-year-old Pomona man reported that someone stole a generator and air compressor from his detached garage in mid-January. Lost was estimated at $475.
• 7:29 a.m. Wednesday, 2180 I-35 in Franklin County, a 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche driven by Dirk Beaty, 36, Burlington, was traveling northbound on I-35 at milepost 176 when it struck an ice patch and rolled in the median. Beaty was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital to be treated for undisclosed injuries, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 10:45 a.m. Thursday, First United Methodist Church, 203 E. 4th St., a 69-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole items from the church.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, traffic complaint; 400 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Thursday: 700 block of Main Street, information report; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of Main Street, two public assists; 500 block Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:17 p.m. Wednesday, 306 1/2 S. Main St., carbon monoxide detector activation.
• 10:35 p.m. Thursday, 1519 S. Main St., firefighters investigated a report of a smoke odor, but nothing was found.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 8:50 a.m. Tuesday, 4043 Shawnee Road, Cutler firefighters responded to a fire alarm.
• 12:02 p.m. Tuesday, 2324 Osborne Terrace, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to downed power line.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.