Daily Report for March 4, 2013
• Friday: Cathy Wickam, Pomona.
• Sunday: Sherrie Cunningham, Ottawa.
• Friday: Nedra Lynch, Wellsville; Douglas Pabst, Pomona.
• Saturday: Kenneth Suffron, Ottawa; Cathy Wickam, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:49 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Shondi Larios, 42, Ottawa, on two Franklin County warrants.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:20 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Joseph Bishop, 19, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 12:21 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of East 23rd Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa girl on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 11:35 a.m. Sunday, Rock Creek and Florida roads, sheriff’s officers assisted the Kansas Highway Patrol with a wreck in which a vehicle struck a deer. Damage to the vehicle was less than $1,000, the report said. More details were not available.
Police Department News
• 12:42 p.m. Friday, 600 block of North Oak Street, a 19-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 46-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 6:31 p.m. Friday, The Rink, 222 E. Second St., a 36-year-old Garnett man reported an unknown suspect spray painted graffiti on the building.
• 4:39 p.m. Saturday, 1100 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by Leigh Guerrero, 23, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Guadalupe Velez, 58, Ottawa. Guerrero was cited for inattentive driving, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 4500 block of Reece Drive, assist outside agency/suspicious activity; 100 block of North Maple Terrace, traffic complaint; 200 block of West Second Street, welfare check; 400 block of Main Street, theft report.
• Saturday: 1000 block of Main Street, traffic complaint.
• Sunday: 300 block of East Seventh Street, suspicious activity.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:24 p.m. Friday, 331 E. 11th St., smoke detector activated. No fire reported.
• 4:26 a.m. Saturday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., alarm system sounded. No fire reported.
• 9:46 p.m. Saturday, Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., alarm system sounded. No fire reported.
• 8:19 a.m. Sunday, 1130 N. Main St., firefighters responded to an outside storage fire.
• Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Friday through Sunday.