Daily Report for March 3, 2014
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:05 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., transported Curtis Casper, 25, from a state correctional facility in Hutchinson and arrested him on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:44 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Donald LeRoy Stokes, 61, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:17 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of South Ash Street, Kenny Bellinger, no age given, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:34 p.m. Friday, 500 block of South Cherry Street, David Yohe, 57, Ottawa, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence of alcohol.
• 12:39 a.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Bianca Molina, 19, Topeka, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:34 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of East 15th Street, Christopher Livingston, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 8:19 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of South Locust Street, Christopher Longfellow, 31, Ottawa, on suspicion of violating a protection order.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:46 a.m. Friday, 1600 block of Old U.S. 50, a Midland Mortgage representative reported that someone broke into a residence the company owns in the 1600 block of Old U.S. 50 sometime between November 2013 and Friday.
• 7:39 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of East South Street, Richmond, a 17-year-old Garnett girl reported her cell phone was stolen while she was at work at Richmond Health Care. Estimated loss was $150.
• 1:29 a.m. Saturday, Eisenhower Road and Finney Terrace, deputies investigated a report of a rollover in the 2500 block of Finney Terrace. A 2004 Dodge 3500 flatbed truck was found on its top in the north ditch. The truck had been abandoned. The crash remains under investigation.
• 4:19 p.m. Saturday, 1600 block of I-35, a vehicle driven by Russell Norrie, 56, Perkins, Okla., was southbound on I-35 near milepost 172 in Franklin County when the vehicle next to his in the left lane, driven by Rajesh Singh, 42, Emporia, crossed the center line and struck the front of Norrie’s vehicle.
• 4:23 p.m. Saturday, 1700 block of I-35, a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt driven by Pearl Nguyen, 23, Garden City, was southbound on I-35 near milepost 173 when she lost control on icy roads and it struck a reflector post. Nguyen was able to drive the car from the scene, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 5:12 p.m. Saturday, 1800 block of I-35, a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado truck driven by Margaret Ratliff, 32, Pataskala, Ohio, was traveling on I-35 in Franklin County when she lost control of the vehicle on slick roads and it rolled over. A passenger, Rebekah Smith, 55, Oklahoma City, Okla., was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, with undisclosed injuries.
• 5:12 p.m. Saturday, 1800 block of I-35, a vehicle driven by Aaron Wright, 51, Wichita, was northbound on I-35 when it slid on icy roads, left the roadway and overturned. Wright was not injured, according to the report.
• 7:43 p.m. Saturday, Eisenhower and John Brown roads, a 2004 Ford Taurus driven by Allison Schulz, 18, Princeton, was southbound on Eisenhower Road when the vehicle slid on the ice and went through the intersection at John Brown Road, striking a stop sign on the southeast corner. Schulz was not injured and was able to drive the Taurus from the scene, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 10:23 p.m. Friday, 1600 block of Osage Drive, a 73-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 15-year-old granddaughter as a runaway.
• 4:28 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of North Locust Street, a 21-year-old Ottawa man reported being battered by several subjects. The case is under investigation.
• 9:15 a.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Mulberry Street, a 65-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged a window on her residence.
• 11:20 p.m. Sunday, 600 block of North King Street, a 29-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a 26-year-old Ottawa man. The case remains under investigation.
• Sunday, no time given, 1500 block of Orchard Drive, a 53-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 51-year-old Ottawa man. The case remains under investigation.
• 8:20 a.m. Saturday, 200 block of West Seventh Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole her vehicle.
• 5:37 a.m. Sunday, 1100 block of South Ash Street, a vehicle driven by Michael Bodenhamer, 63, Ottawa, struck a sign owned by the City of Ottawa.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 300 block of Pendleton Avenue, public assist; 800 block of Chilton Avenue, theft; 600 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 600 block of Meadowbrook Court, public assist; 200 Pendleton Avenue, public assist; 600 block of Main Street, warrant service. 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity.
• Saturday: 500 block of Maple Terrace, animal complaint; 800 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 100 block of Walnut Street, assist the public; 500 block of East Sixth Street, check the welfare.
• Sunday: I-35 at milepost 198, assist other agency; 200 block of East 10th Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 200 block of Downey Drive, animal complaint; 500 and 600 blocks of Main Street, parking complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Friday through Sunday.