Daily Report for March 10, 2014
• Georgia Penn, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 2:30 p.m. Friday, 1900 block of South Princeton Street, Thomas Martin, 27, Pomona, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 8:46 p.m. Friday, 500 block of North Hickory Street, Robert Tucker, 33, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 9:19 p.m. Friday, 800 block of North Main Street, Nikita Carey, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving with no headlights and no driver’s license.
• 1:25 p.m. Saturday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Kevin Hamblin, 36, Richmond, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:52 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of South Hickory Street, Jason Zamora, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Police Department News
• 9:40 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Main Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 3-year-old child was in need of care.
• 1:08 p.m. Friday, 800 block of South Oak Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of an item from his vehicle.
• 5:31 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 41-year-old Gridley man reported someone stole items from the store.
• 11:03 p.m. Friday, 500 block of North Oak Street, a vehicle driven by Eddie Masuch, 36, Ottawa, struck a parked vehicle.
• 4:56 p.m. Sunday, Dollar General Store, 2212 S. Main St., Kathryn Ashburn, 57, Ottawa, reported an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck her vehicle and left the scene.
• 9:44 p.m. Sunday, 2600 block of I-35 near Ottawa, a vehicle driven by Ronald Smith, 70, Wichita, struck a deer.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Saturday: 400 block of East Second Street, medical call; 900 block of Main Street, civil standby; 300 block of West Seventh Street, parking complaint.
• Sunday: 600 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; I-35 at milepost 197, assist other agency; 200 block of Pendleton Street, civil standby; 100 block of Walnut Street, assist other agency; 200 block of West Fifth Street, check welfare.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 11:06 p.m. Friday, 516 N. Oak St., firefighters responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• 9:37 p.m. Saturday, 1104 W. 11th St., firefighters responded to a trash fire.
• 3:09 a.m. Sunday, 1530 S. Orchard Drive, carbon monoxide detector activated.
• 2:25 p.m. Sunday, 224 S. Locust St., authorized controlled burning.
• 4:28 p.m. Sunday, 516 1/2 S. Oak St., investigated smoke odor.
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Friday through Sunday.