Daily Report for March 19, 2014
• Monday: Hollie New.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:30 p.m. Sunday, Old U.S. 59 and Reno Road, Torrence Head, 28, Iola, on suspicion of transporting an open container.
• 7:07 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Dalton Slankard, 19, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:12 Tuesday, 400 block of West Seventh Street, Opal Hopkins-Hernandez, 31, Wellsville, on an Ottawa Municipal warrant.
• 6:16 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of East Second Street, Julie Clifton, 28, Garnett, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia, driving while suspended, no proof of insurance and obstructing an investigation.
Police Department News
• 4:19 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Ash Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa woman was taken into protective custody after harming herself.
• 11:02 a.m. Tuesday, Stor-it-safe, 1102 N. Main St., a 40-year-old Garnett woman reported an unknown person cut the fence and padlocks to the business.
• 11:39 a.m. Monday, Fat Daddy’s Bar, 115 S. Main St., a 39-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his patio benches.
• 3:47 p.m. Monday, 1800 block of South Ash Street, a 62-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his garage door where they gained entry and stole items.
• 2:16 Tuesday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, a 60-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown person stole an unspecified amount of utilities.
• 5:37 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of East Fourth Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of items from his vehicles.
• 5:44 a.m. Tuesday, 600 block of South Mulberry Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of items from his vehicles.
• 6:01 a.m. Monday, 500 block of East Powhattan Street, an unknown vehicle struck a utility pole and left the area.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: K-33 and I-35, assist other agency; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist.
• Tuesday: 200 block of Meadowbrook, traffic complaint; 400 block of East Second Street, suspicious activity, 300 block of East Eighth Street, civil standby.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:19 p.m. Tuesday, 619 N. Cedar St., brush fire.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Monday and Tuesday.