Daily Report for March 26, 2014
• Monday: Patricia Carey, Ottawa; Gary Davis, Ottawa; Hollie New, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Baby girl, 9 pounds, 7 ounces, to Hollie New and Robert Kuiken, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:35 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Dustin Johnson, 19, Waverly, on warrants from Douglas and Anderson counties.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:15 p.m. Monday, 1200 block of South Main Street, Curtis Cavender, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 20-year-old Ottawa woman and a known 3-year-old Ottawa girl, as well as damaging property.
• 1:32 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Oak Street, Travis Bishop, 28, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 23-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 2:05 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Main Street, Jeremiah Stanley, 22, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• Tuesday, no time given, 1200 block of South Hickory Street, Shana Gorton, 34, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license.
• 6:56 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of North Mulberry Street, John J. Hernandez, 44, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal damage to property in a domestic-related incident.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:25 a.m. Monday, 1025 Rock Creek Road, a sheriff’s deputy responded to the scene of a structure fire.
• 1:23 p.m. Monday, 100 block of South 12th Street, a 34-year-old Centropolis woman reported a protection from stalking order violation.
• 1:24 p.m. Monday, 2100 block of Riley Road, a Franklin County man reported an unknown suspect stole items valued at $440 from his home.
• 8:12 p.m. Monday, 900 block of John Brown Road, a 65-year-old Williamsburg woman reported an unknown suspect stole items valued at $5,000 from a barn on the property.
• 11:10 p.m. Monday, 400 block of South Elm Street, assisted Wellsville police at the scene of a non-injury wreck.
Police Department News
• 9:44 a.m. Monday, Ottawa Mini Storage, a 68-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged the padlock to his storage unit, gained entry and stole items.
• 12:42 p.m. Monday, 500 block of South Hickory Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her unlocked vehicle and stole an item.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 500 block of East Sixth Street, suspicious activity; 100 block of Walnut Street, traffic complaint; 200 block of West Fifth Street, non-injury accident.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:07 a.m. Monday, 900 block of North Birch Street, authorized controlled burning.
• 9:45 a.m. Monday, 1000 block of East Logan Street, authorized controlled burning.
• 3:06 p.m. Tuesday, 2335 S. Oak St., smoke detector activated. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Monday and Tuesday.