Daily Report for April 2, 2014
• Tuesday: Wayne Snow, Ottawa.
• Monday: Patricia Carey, Ottawa; Shirley Mance, Ottawa; Jacquelyn Smith, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Gary Davis, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 1:25 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Olive Street, Aaron Mitchell, 27, Ottawa, on suspicion of no insurance, no ignition interlock and disorderly conduct.
• 7:57 p.m. Monday, 600 block of South Sycamore Street, Curtis D. Brown, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated battery, domestic battery and obstruction of legal process after he battered a 35-year-old Ottawa woman and then tried to get away from officers, according to a police report.
• 11:17 p.m. Monday, 400 block of South Main Street, Steven Gibson, 34, Ottawa on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license.
• 11:17 p.m. Monday, 400 block of South Main Street. Christopher Strode, 28, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
• 9:10 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of South Cypress Street, Justin Vogeler, 28, Ottawa, on suspicion of transporting an open container, driving with a suspended license and on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:12 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jack Mibeck, 50, Ottawa, on an Ottawa Municipal Court warrant.
Police Department News
• 6:59 p.m. Monday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a 26-year-old Ottawa man reported theft, identity theft and unlawful use of a financial card on multiple occasions. The case is under investigation.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:19 a.m. Monday, 24 W. Canterbury Court, Unit D, firefighters responded to a building fire.
• 12:42 p.m. Monday, 910 S. Ash St., unauthorized burning.
• 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, 1001 E. Logan St., authorized controlled burning.
• 10:27 a.m. Tuesday, 924 S. Oak St., authorized controlled burning.
• 10:52 a.m. Tuesday, 1332 S. Mulberry St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 4:07 p.m. Monday, 2987 Cloud Road, Ohio firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 10:56 p.m. Monday, 3231 Finney Road, Ohio firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to medical calls.