Daily Report for April 5, 2013
• George Louderback, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 6 ounces, to Heidi and Brad Miller, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:54 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County District Court, 301 S. Main St., Joshua Searing, 25, Ottawa, on a probation violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:13 a.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Brandon Price, 18, Ottawa, and a 17-year-old Vassar boy were arrested on suspicion of stealing items from the store.
• 2:25 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of North Mulberry Street, Kathy Jo Harris, 39, Ottawa, on suspicion of endangering a child. A 2-year-old boy and a 1-year-old boy were taken into protective custody.
• 11:20 a.m. Thursday, 900 block of North Main Street, Stephen Longfellow, 27, Ottawa, on a State of Indiana warrant.
• 2:18 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of South Main Street, Mark Baber, 31, Ottawa, on a Douglas County warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 11:44 a.m. Thursday, Pomona city park, 219 Jefferson St., Pomona, a 57-year-old Pomona woman reported damage to the historic train depot and a stone fire pit.
Police Department News
• 7:04 a.m. Wednesday, 800 block of North Birch Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged her property.
• 5:45 a.m. Thursday, Ottawa University, 1001 S. Cedar St., an Ottawa University security guard reported a suspicious package that was investigated and later determined to be non-threatening.
• 1:52 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of South Burroughs Street, a 74-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole items.
• 3:23 p.m. Wednesday, 1600 block of South Hickory Street, a 56-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect used his financial card without his permission.
• Thursday, no time given, 1400 block of South Main Street, a 56-year-old Ottawa man reported his financial card was used without his permission. The case is under investigation.
• 1:07 p.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Quenemo girl struck a vehicle driven by Ambrosio Hernandez, 81, Ottawa. The Quenemo girl was cited for disobeying a stop sign, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 400 block of East Second Street, suspicious activity; 600 block of Pine Street, animal complaint; 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 39000 block of West 231 Street, assist outside agency; 4100 block of Shawnee Drive, assist outside agency; 300 block of West Seventh Street, assist outside agency.
• Wednesday: 600 block of Elm Street, assist outside agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity.
• Thursday: No calls for service.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:09 a.m. Wednesday, 1335 S. Mulberry St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:32 a.m. Wednesday, 1224 S. College Lane, authorized controlled burning.
• 6:09 a.m. Thursday, Ottawa University campus, 430 E. Ninth St., suspicious package. The package was determined to be non-threatening.
• 8:26 a.m. Thursday, 900 E. Logan St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:14 a.m. Thursday, 1001 E. Logan St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.