Daily Report for April 11, 2014
• Wednesday: Fred Boyles Jr., Garnett; Shirley Diamond, Ottawa; Doris Langley, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Joseph Alexander, Lane.
• Thursday: Linda Clouse, Lane; Doris Langley, Ottawa; Chasity Rice, Ottawa; Dwayne Wilkins, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 7:47 a.m. Wednesday, Kay County Jail, Newkirk, Okla., Calvin O’Neal Taylor, 30, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 8:40 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Main Street, Michael D. Bishop, 40, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Sean Hull, 27, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 8:11 p.m. Wednesday, East Fourth and East A streets, Matthew Lang, 22, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 9:28 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Karen Foltz, 21, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 8:17 a.m. Thursday, 500 block of South Locust Street, Cheney Ledom, 56, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 6 p.m. Thursday, 3200 block of Georgia Road, David Sparks, 29, Bountiful, Utah, on suspicion of felony criminal damage to property after using his vehicle to strike the vehicle of a 45-year-old Pomona woman during a civil dispute.
• 9:28 p.m. Thursday, 2500 block of Delaware Road, Denney Gillett, 42, Pomona, on suspicion of criminal damage to property during a domestic dispute.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:04 a.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of College Street, Jennifer West, 31, Burlington, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license, possession of paraphernalia and no proof of liability insurance after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 4:12 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of South Mulberry Street, David Martin, 24, Ottawa, on a City of Wellsville warrant.
• 10:32 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Sean Hull, 27, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 2:21 p.m. Wednesday, West Franklin High School, 511 E. Franklin St., a 14-year-old Pomona boy was suspended for five days on suspicion of threatening a 15-year-old Melvern girl.
• 3:48 a.m. Friday, 2158 Kingman Terrace, sheriff’s deputies responded to the scene of a barn fire in the 2100 block of Kingman Terrace. The barn, owned by Clayton Watts II, 49, Ottawa, was a total loss, according to a sheriff’s report. A damage estimate for the barn and its contents was not available Friday morning. There were no reports of injuries.
• 8:21 p.m. Wednesday, Old U.S. 50 and Ellis Terrace, a 1992 Chevrolet Geo Metro driven by Mark Reusch, 55, Williamsburg, was traveling south in the 1200 block of Old U.S. 50 when it struck a deer.
• 3:27 a.m. Friday, 4400 block of U.S. 59 in Franklin County, a 2006 Ford F-350 driven by Travis Mendell, 31, Ottawa, was traveling south in the 4400 block of U.S. 59 when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 10:16 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of North Sycamore Street, a 26-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her unlocked vehicle and stole items.
• 11:54 p.m. Wednesday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a suspect left without paying for fuel.
• 4:27 p.m. Wednesday, East Keokuk and North Main streets, a vehicle driven by Tamara Holsinger, 52, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Justin Wadkins, 34, Ottawa. Holsinger was cited for failure to yield while turning left.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Thursday: 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call; 700 block of Main Street, alarm.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:02 p.m. Wednesday, 1612 N. Davis Ave., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 4:28 p.m. Wednesday, East Keokuk and North Main streets, firefighters responded to a two-vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.