Daily Report for April 22, 2014
• Friday: Roberta Shepherd, Pomona; Doris Welch, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Anthony Birzer, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Phillip Larios, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 4:44 a.m. Friday, 100 block of North Baldwin Street, Richmond, Aaron Wilson, 21, Richmond, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 9:49 a.m. Friday, 200 block of Madison Street, Pomona, a 15-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of paraphernalia.
• 10:36 p.m. Friday, 400 block of John Brown Road, Angel R. Robinson, 26, Wichita, on a Coffey County warrant.
• 1:17 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of Taylor Street, Bradley Mitchell, 23, Lawrence, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, criminal use of a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon.
• 7:06 p.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Cole Farrar, 24, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:51 p.m. Saturday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, a 40-year-old Lane man reported his 17-year-old son as a runaway. The boy later returned home and was arrested as a child in need of care-runaway, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 11:36 a.m. Sunday, North Main and East Wilson streets, Austin Drayer, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Police Department Arrests
• 3:19 p.m. Friday, 200 block of South Elm Street, Orval Murray, 21, Ottawa, on an active Allen County warrant.
• 3:22 p.m. Saturday, 1200 block of South Cedar Street, Randy Wobker, 34, Paola, on suspicion of driving with a suspended license after he was stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 9 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of South Burroughs Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault after attempting to strike two Ottawa girls with his vehicle.
• 12:20 a.m. Sunday, 500 block of South Cherry Street, Jacob Michael Nesmith, 19, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction. Zachary Michael Malburg, 19, Ottawa, a passenger in the vehicle, was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of a stimulant and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• 12:30 a.m. Sunday, 500 block of South Mulberry Street, a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of being out past curfew.
• 9:22 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of South Tremont Street, Julie Fuller, 51, Ottawa, on a City of Wellsville warrant after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 11:49 p.m. Sunday, Super 8, 2315 S. Oak St., Joshua William Mann, 34, Cameron, Mo., on suspicion of being in possession of a stolen vehicle and possession of marijuana.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:07 p.m. Thursday, 3600 block of Nevada Road, responded to a report of a structure fire. The structure was found to be vacant. The incident is being investigated as a possible arson.
• 11:16 a.m. Thursday, 3900 block of Indiana Terrace, a 49-year-old Ottawa man reported several items were taken from his residence sometime in the last week. Estimated loss was $5,000.
• 9:12 a.m. Thursday, 3800 block of Texas Road, Franklin Jones, 85, Wellsville, reported a three-wheeler stolen from his property. Loss was estimated at $300.
• 7:25 a.m. Friday, 300 block of Missouri Terrace, a 2004 Kia Sedona driven by Robin Wilson, 44, Princeton, was northbound in the 300 block of Missouri Terrace when it left the roadway and went into the ditch.
• 5:02 p.m. Friday, 1900 block of Labette Road, a 2006 Kia Optima driven by Kara Mullin, 23, Pomona, was westbound in the 1900 block of Labette Road when it struck a deer.
• 3:44 p.m. Saturday, 3900 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2003 GMC sport utility vehicle driven by Jo Bloxham, 62, Lee’s Summit, Mo., was northbound on I-35 when she swerved to avoid another vehicle, causing her SUV to enter the ditch and turn onto its side, according to a sheriff’s report. The vehicle appeared to be a total loss, the report said.
Police Department News
• 8:44 a.m. Friday, 1200 East Seventh Street, a 63-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his unlocked property, set a fire, damaged contents and stole some items.
• 3:01 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of North Mulberry Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 9-year-old Ottawa son was bit by a known suspect’s dog. Sherry Gibson, 50, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court for harboring a vicious dog.
• 9:11 a.m. Saturday, 800 block of South Mulberry Street, a 24-year-old Ottawa man, a 34-year-old Ottawa man and 54-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged their vehicles’ tires.
• 11:27 a.m. Saturday, 1100 block of East Seventh Street, a 43-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect spray-painted his swing set.
• 2:10 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Poplar Street, a 54-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his vehicle’s tires.
• 8:32 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Cedar Street, Daniel Calkins, 43, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 2:52 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of East Hamblin Street, Raymond Martin, 71, Ottawa, and Daniel Thorns, 44, Ottawa, were both cited and released on suspicion of battering each other.
• 11 p.m. Sunday, 1200 block of South Maple Street, a 19-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 22-year-old Ottawa man battered a child. The case is under investigation.
• 5:35 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 24-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole items from the store.
• 12:47 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Patricia Hopkins, 68, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Rolfe Crabb, 43, Princeton. Hopkins was cited with disobeying a traffic-control signal.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, juvenile complaint; 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call.
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 500 block of East Fourth Street, theft; 800 block of Poplar Street, animal complaint; 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 200 block of Downey Drive, juvenile activity; 200 block of Downey Drive, juvenile report.
• Sunday: Franklin County jail, warrant arrest.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:20 a.m. Friday, 3697 Nevada Road, assist outside agency.
• 11:19 a.m. Friday, 503 E. Pontiac St., authorized controlled burning.
• 8:57 a.m. Saturday, 928 S. Cedar St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:21 a.m. Saturday, 427 N. Poplar St., authorized controlled burning.
• 7:32 a.m. Sunday, 901 N. Cleveland St., authorized controlled burning.
• 2:46 p.m. Sunday, 403 S. Mulberry St., firefighters responded to a barbecue grill and fence fire. The grill had an estimated $600 damage and the fence had an estimated $200 damage, according to a fire report.
• Firefighters assisted with 13 medical calls Friday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 3:47 p.m. Saturday, Kingman Road, Cutler firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 7:29 p.m. Sunday, Old Highway 50, Lincoln-Ottawa Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to seven medical calls Friday through Sunday.