Daily Report for April 3, 2014
• Wednesday: Carolyn Baker, Ottawa; Linda Fowler, Ottawa; Anessa Nation, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Richard Traver, Quenemo.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 7:49 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of North East Avenue, Williamsburg, a 31-year-old Williamsburg man reported he was being chased by his girlfriend, Sidney Hansen, 18, Quenemo. Both parties were in separate vehicles. Hansen wrecked her vehicle and was arrested on suspicion on multiple charges of reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:02 a.m. Thursday, 1700 block of South Princeton Street, Travis Bishop, 28, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:15 a.m. Thursday, 900 block of East Eighth Street, a 17-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy, both of Ottawa, were arrested on suspicion of curfew violation.
• 4:11 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Patrick Stoneking, 25, Wellsville, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 5:18 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of South Main Street, David Yohe, 58, Ottawa, on suspicion of pedestrian under the influence.
• 8:42 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Mark Baber, 32, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 8:54 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Cole Farrar, 24, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:24 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of East 23rd Street, John Catron, 27, and Neal Eugene, 27, both of Marceline, Missouri, on suspicion of disorderly conduct after the two men were involved in an altercation, according to a police report. The two men also were arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:05 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of John Brown Road, a 52-year-old Lawrence man reported unknown suspects stole copper from an AT&T cell tower site. Estimated loss was $500.
Police Department News
• 8:33 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Willow Street, a 75-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of a motorcycle from a garage.
• 9:36 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Cherry Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of items from a vehicle.
• 4 a.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 54-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole an item from the store.
• 8:42 a.m. Thursday, 1100 block of North Cherry Street, a 52-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole an item from her residence.
• 2:51 p.m. Thursday, 1300 block of Redbud Street, a 49-year-old Ottawa man reported unauthorized access to his bank account.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: I-35 at milepost 198, assist other agency.
• Thursday: 400 block of Walnut Street, investigation; 400 block of Walnut Street, warrant arrest; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:01 a.m. Thursday, Eugene Field Elementary School, 720 Tremont Ave., firefighters responded to a boiler malfunction that caused smoke to fill portions of the school. The school cancelled classes Thursday and reopened Friday.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Wednesday.