Daily Report for May 9, 2014
• Wednesday: Robert Shields, Princeton.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:48 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Melissa E. Naumann, 23, Shawnee, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:07 a.m. Wednesday, South Eisenhower Avenue and West 15th Street, Karen Jean Foltz, 21, Ozawkie, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Dalton D. Pabst, 21, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, 4100 block of Reno Road, Catherine Fiehler, 65, Wellsville, reported her black Schnauzer was missing.
Police Department Arrests
• 7:37 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of South Ash Street, a 15-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of alcohol possession, and a 13-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of criminal possession of a weapon and child in need of care.
• 9:17 a.m. Wednesday, Dollar General Store, 2212 S. Princeton St., Brooke Phillips, 23, Ottawa, and William Hankins, 23, Rantoul, on suspicion of shoplifting items from the store.
• 6:35 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of North Cleveland Street, Ernesto Zamora, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 30-year-old Ottawa woman with a blunt object, and Emily Bailey, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering an 11-year-old Ottawa boy in a domestic-related incident. Bailey later was arrested at the Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., on suspicion of possession of marijuana and trafficking contraband into the jail.
• 12:01 a.m. Thursday, 1600 block of South Main Street, Steven Beals, 47, Garnett, on suspicion of assault and criminal damage to property after attempting to hit a known 35-year-old Garnett woman with a blunt object and damaging property, according to a police report.
• 11:28 a.m. Thursday, I-35 at milepost 183, Matthew Reiman, 37, Kenesaw, Neb., on suspicion of possessing marijuana, paraphernalia and no proof of liability insurance.
• 12:43 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jacob Terry, 30, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 5:15 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of Elm Street, James Ferguson, 23, Ottawa, and Philip Guyle Jr., 20, Pomona, on suspicion of theft of services and obstructing an investigation.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:31 a.m. Wednesday, I-35 near Williamsburg, responded to a report of a person inside a burning vehicle.
Police Department News
• 8:21 p.m. Wednesday, Orlis Cox Sports Complex, 900 West Second St., a 33-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged two portable toilets.
• 4:11 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of Lincoln Street, a 63-year-old Ottawa man was found deceased.
• 6:38 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of North Poplar Street, a 45-year-old Ottawa man reported damage to his vehicle’s windows.
• 10:24 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of North Poplar Street, a 23-year-old Kansas City, Kansas, woman reported an unknown suspect entered her locked vehicle and stole items.
• 3:32 p.m. Thursday, 2300 block of Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Jeffery Fisher, 55, Waverly, struck a vehicle driven by Darik Johnson, 19, Princeton.
• 4:35 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Matthew Burgoon, 19, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Jessica Duvall, 35, Ottawa.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of East Eighth Street, driving under the influence; I-35 and Poplar Street, motorist assist.
• Thursday: 400 block of Locust Street, civil standby; 1000 block of Poplar Street, alarm; 400 block of East Fourth Street, juvenile complaint; 300 block of East Eighth Street, animal complaint; 800 block of Chilton Avenue, animal complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted with 12 medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.