Daily Report for May 16, 2014
• Wednesday: Hester Finley, Williamsburg.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 12:18 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Justin Wheeler, 27, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 6:26 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jennifer Jenkins, 41, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 7:42 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of North Robey Avenue, Cherokee Morrison, 23, Williamsburg, on a Cowley County warrant.
• 9:48 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Jarrod S. Harris, 30, no address given, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:02 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Court Services, 301 S. Main St., Wayne Graika, 57, Ottawa, on an Osage County warrant.
• 6:29 p.m. Wednesday, 3000 block of Tennessee Road, Derrick Patrick Thoele, 20, Osawatomie, on a City of Osawatomie warrant.
• 2:27 a.m. Thursday, K-68 and Ohio Road, Dillon A. Dewey, 24, Ottawa, on an Anderson County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:25 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of East Eighth Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy on suspicion of disorderly conduct after being involved in an argument.
• 12:51 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of East Eighth Street, Paul Martinez Jr., 19, Ottawa, on suspicion of disorderly conduct and possession of paraphernalia and Juana Martinez-Parra, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of assault on a law enforcement officer and disorderly conduct.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:38 p.m. Sunday, 226 Madison St., a 45-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown suspect entered his residence between May 6 and May 8 and stole several items. Estimated loss was $820.
• 5:33 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of Florida Road, a 59-year-old Richmond man reported someone cut electrical wiring from his irrigation system and took it sometime within the past six weeks. Estimated loss was $10,000.
• 8 p.m. Tuesday, 2600 block of Colorado Road, a 2014 Honda CRV driven by Mary Schleicher, 66, Pomona, was southbound in the 2600 block of Colorado Road when it struck a deer.
• 8:56 p.m. Tuesday, U.S. 59 and Ellis Road, a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Emilea Peine, 23, Garnett, was northbound in the 1100 block of U.S. 59 when it struck a deer.
• 2:58 a.m. Thursday, 2700 block of I-35, a vehicle driven by Roger Edmonds, 59, Vernon, Texas, was northbound on I-35 near milepost 184 in Franklin County when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 9:44 p.m. Monday, Canterbury Court, a 29-year-old Ottawa man and a 37-year-old Ottawa woman reported having battered each other. The case is under investigation.
• 8:55 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of South Walnut Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a known 20-year-old Ottawa man. The case has been forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 5 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of South Main Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy was taken into protective custody after behaving erratically.
• 12:08 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Mandy Stinebaugh, 36, Ottawa, struck a legally parked vehicle. Stinebaugh was cited for limitations on backing.
• 4:09 p.m. Monday, 300 block of South Walnut Street, a vehicle driven by Katheryn Wooge, 16, Pomona, struck a vehicle driven by Jacquelyn Schulte, 59, Ottawa. Wooge was cited for disobeying a stop sign.
• 2:40 a.m. Monday, 800 block of North Main Street, a vehicle driven by Dustyn Green, 22, Ottawa, struck a light pole.
• 7:47 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by Ayda Gerges, 43, Ottawa, pulled in front of a vehicle driven by Amanda Wadkins, 33, Ottawa. Gerges was cited for disobeying a stop sign.
• 3:31 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by Anthony Conner, 17, Ottawa, and a vehicle driven by Kyle Froggatte, 17, Pomona, both pulled out from a stop sign and collided, according to a police report.
• 5:16 p.m. Thursday, South Main and 15th streets, a vehicle driven by Blas Hernandez-Galicia, 35, Ottawa, failed to yield at a red light and was struck by a vehicle driven by Lacey Wray, 25, Ottawa. The vehicle driven by Hernandez-Galicia then struck a vehicle driven by Robert Davis, 76, Olpe, Kansas. Hernandez-Galicia was cited for disobeying a traffic signal and no driver’s license.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 800 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 800 block of Chilton Avenue, suspicious activity; 100 block of Poplar Street, assist other agency; 300 block of West Fourth Street, general information.
• Tuesday: 500 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 400 block of Locust Street, animal complaint; 600 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 400 block of East Eighth Street, animal complaint; 200 block of West Sixth Street, public assist; 200 block of East Sixth Street, public assist.
• Wednesday: 400 block of Prairie Lane, animal complaint; 200 block of Ash Street, suspicious activity; 500 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 700 block of Main Street, recovered property; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Thursday: 500 block of East Sixth Street, public assist; 600 block of East Third Street, 911 disconnect; Thomas and Ohio roads, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:36 a.m. Tuesday, 222 E. Logan St., investigate smoke odor.
• 7:52 a.m. Wednesday, East Fourth and South Cedar streets, responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• 8:25 p.m. Wednesday, Lincoln Elementary School, 1102 N. Milner Road, smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 5:18 p.m. Thursday, South Main and 15th streets, responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Monday through Thursday.