Daily Report for May 20, 2013
• Wednesday: Maxine Criqui, Pomona; Warner Gifford, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Antoinette Nuttall, Olpe.
• Friday: Edith Diaz, Ottawa.
• Friday: Warner Gifford, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Antoinette Nuttall, Olpe.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 8:17 p.m. Wednesday, Kanza Park, 216 W. 13th St., Jamie Walters, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of battery.
• 10:09 a.m. Thursday, 700 block of West Second Street, Kimberly Gregory, 27, Lawrence, on suspicion of filing a false report.
• 9:25 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, Kevin Pense, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while suspended.
• 7:44 p.m. Friday, 200 block of East Second Street, a 14-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested for disorderly conduct. The youth also was carrying an Airsoft gun, police said.
• 4:32 p.m. Saturday, 1100 block of South Willow Street, Joshua Garcia, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 22-year-old Ottawa woman, according to a police report.
• 8:37 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Lyndsay Cowdin, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal trespass and on a Franklin County warrant.
• 12:36 a.m. Sunday, Alexander Kingsolver, 21, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department News
• 6:27 p.m. Sunday, 1100 block of West 17th Street, a 26-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 7-year-old child was touched inappropriately. The case is under investigation, according to a police report.
• 12:28 p.m. Friday, Sears, 220 S. Main St., a 48-year-old Olathe man reported an unknown suspect forged a check and stole an item.
• Noon Saturday, 800 block of North Main Street, a 36-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole his trailer.
• 5:09 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of South Lincoln Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole her tablet computer.
• 8:59 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 52-year-old Walmart employee reported an unknown suspect stole items from the store.
• 12:48 p.m. Friday, 1300 block of South Twyman, Jessica Stahl, 21, Ottawa, reported an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck her legally parked vehicle.
• 6:50 p.m. Sunday, 600 block of South Walnut Street, a vehicle driven by Kathleen Hayden, 41, Ottawa, struck a bicycle that a 9-year-old Ottawa boy was riding. No injuries were reported. Hayden was cited for inattentive driving, according to the police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• May 13: 100 block of Walnut Street, medical call; 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call.
• May 14: 200 block of Ash Street, information report; 200 block of East Sixth Street, juvenile complaint.
• Wednesday: 500 block of East Fourth Street, animal complaint.
• Thursday: 800 block of Main Street, motorist assist; Milepost 197, I-35, assist outside agency.
• Friday: No calls for service.
• Saturday: 700 block of Maple Street, suspicious activity; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Sunday: 300 block of East First Street, assist outside agency; 100 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 700 block of Main Street, civil matter.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:49 a.m. Thursday, 904 E. Ninth St., authorized controlled burning.
• 9:52 a.m. Thursday, 1127 N. Sycamore St., authorized controlled burning.
• 7:05 p.m. Thursday, 1418 S. Main St., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 2:24 p.m. Friday, 838 S. Mulberry St., authorized controlled burning.
• 6:59 p.m. Sunday, 612 E. 14th St. Terrace, downed power line.
• Firefighters assisted with 19 medical calls Wednesday through Sunday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 10:59 a.m. Wednesday, 340 E. South St., Richmond firefighters responded to a fire alarm. No fire was reported.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Thursday.