Daily Report for May 22, 2013
• Monday: Bradley Graf, Ottawa; Wilma Peters, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Starleen Bradley, Pomona; Elda Campbell-O’Neil, Ottawa; Sue Wheeler, Osage City.
• Monday: Edith Diaz, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Maxine Criqui, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:25 a.m. Monday, 900 block of North Sycamore Street, Larry Barrett, 37, Ottawa, on three Franklin County warrants.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:09 a.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of South Maple Street, Daniel Bryan, 25, Ottawa, on warrants from Franklin and Osage counties.
• 6:27 a.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of South Maple Street, Victoria Everhart, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known 29-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 10:41 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of East Third Street, Jason Keith West, 39, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 2:16 p.m. Monday, 2300 block of Nebraska Road, an 82-year-old Ottawa woman reported three windows at the Union Chapel Methodist Church were damaged. Estimated loss was $500.
• 8:32 a.m. Monday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, Pomona, a 26-year-old Pomona man reported he had some tools and electronics, valued at $900, stolen from his house while he was “letting a friend stay over,” according to a sheriff’s report.
• 10:06 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of K-68, a 31-year-old Ottawa man reported his 1996 Ford truck was broken into and several tools were stolen. Estimated loss was $330.
• 2:28 p.m. Monday, 1700 block of Jackson Road, a 63-year-old Ottawa man reported someone wrote a letter to Verizon Maryland using his name and Social Security number, giving the company access to his account.
• 5:12 p.m. Monday, John Brown and Vermont roads, a 1967 Buick Skylark driven by Virginia Welch of Ottawa was northbound on Vermont Road when it struck a deer, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 12:06 p.m. Monday, 600 block of North Cleveland Street, a 39-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known 21-year-old man damaged her property.
• 8:28 a.m. Monday, 700 block of South Cedar Street, a 47-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject stole a license plate.
• 2:07 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of West 15th Street, an 87-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole $140 in U.S. currency.
• 10:35 p.m. Monday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole her cell phone.
• 8:41 p.m. Tuesday, Love’s Travel Stop, 203 E. 27th St., a 59-year-old Phalen, Calif., woman reported an unknown suspect removed a mirror from her truck.
• 11:14 p.m. Tuesday, Knights Inn, 1641 S. Main St., a 59-year-old Plano, Texas, man reported an unknown suspect entered his unlocked room and stole property.
• 5:10 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of North Hemlock Street, a vehicle driven by Katheryn Evans, 19, Wellsville, collided with a vehicle driven by Doris Randel, 62, Williamsburg. No injuries were reported. Both drivers were cited with inattentive driving, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 400 block of East Eighth Street, public assist; 300 block of Pendleton Avenue, animal complaint.
• Tuesday: 300 block of West Seventh Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 1:53 p.m. Monday, 117 S. Elm St., firefighters investigated an arching breaker box on the rear of the residence that was smoking, a fire department report said. The power was turned off and no damage occurred, Fire Chief Jeff Carner said, adding that the home’s occupant was advised to contact an electrician.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 1:04 p.m. Friday, 3521 Ellis Road, Pottawatomie firefighters responded to a fire alarm. No fire was reported.
• 2:03 p.m. Tuesday, 1731 Douglas Road, Ohio firefighters investigated a possible gas leak.
• Firefighters responded to seven medical calls Friday through Tuesday.