Daily Report for May 28, 2014
• Tuesday: Dorothy Fitzgerald, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 9:17 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Kevin Hamblin, 36, Richmond, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:58 a.m. Wednesday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, Tyler Fry, 36, Pflugerville, Texas, on a Riley County warrant.
Police Department News
• 1:22 p.m. Monday, 800 block of East Sixth Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa woman reported the possible abuse of children.
• 6:55 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, a 5-year-old Ottawa girl was taken into protective custody after she was found to be a child in need of care.
• 8:11 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of North Oak Street, a 51-year-old Vassar man reported a known suspect set fire to his residence.
• 2:22 p.m. Tuesday, Blue Star Cafe, 405 N. Main St., a 39-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects stole U.S. currency.
• 12:15 a.m. Wednesday, Taylor Brothers Construction, 2340 Princeton Street, a 67-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his property and stole fuel.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: Sixth and Main streets, non-injury accident; New Century, Kansas, warrant service; 200 block of Downey Drive, parking complaint; 400 block of East Eighth Street, juvenile complaint; 600 block of Pine Street, animal complaint.
• Saturday: 600 block of East Eighth Street, disturbance; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Downey Drive, suspicious activity.
• Sunday: 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical assist; I-35 and Poplar Street, motorist assist; 400 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 3900 block of K-33, assist other agency; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency.
• Monday: 400 block of Locust Street, civil matter; 200 block of East Fifth Street, animal complaint; 400 block of Vermont Road, assist other agency; 200 block of East Sixth Street, juvenile complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:30 a.m. Friday, 835 N. Cherry St., authorized controlled burning.
• 4:41 p.m. Friday, 428 N. Poplar St., investigated possible gas leak.
• 8:14 p.m. Friday, 700 S. Pecan St., investigated smoke odor.
• 11:57 a.m. Saturday, 2008 S. Princeton St., responded to a motor vehicle wreck.
• 12 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of South Maple Street, assist invalid.
• 1:56 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of South Maple Street, assist invalid.
• 8:31 a.m. Monday, 300 block of South Ash Street, authorized controlled burning.
• 6:51 a.m. Tuesday, 1418 S. Main St., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 10:03 a.m. Tuesday, 1332 S. Poplar St., authorized controlled burning.
• 2:12 p.m. Tuesday, 1206 S. College Lane, heat from short circuit.