Daily Report for May 30, 2014
• Thursday: Rensina Bellinger, Rantoul.
• Thursday: Dorothy Fitzgerald, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:08 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Michael Grigsby, 24, Kansas City, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:34 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of Meadowbrook Court, Bryan Hendrickson, 34, Wellsville, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 1:42 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Elm Street, Tucker Thomas, 19, Shawnee, on two Franklin County warrants.
• 2:12 p.m. Wednesday, East 23rd and Princeton streets, Christopher Stephenson, 31, Rantoul, and Ashley Weber, 21, Princeton, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and other charges after being stopped for not giving a signal to turn.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:04 a.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Walmart staff reported a known woman stole items from the store. Stephanie Brannan, 23, Ottawa, later was arrested on suspicion of theft.
• 11:02 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Shaela Goodman, 22, Haysville, Kansas, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:13 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of East Eighth Street, Stephanie Brannan, 23, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 10:48 a.m. Thursday, 700 block of East Garfield Street, Michelle Main, 23, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal trespass after an alteration.
• 1:14 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Daniel Ray Evans, 27, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:28 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of South Main Street, Matthew Tipton, 19, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 9:07 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of South Ash Street, Manuel Castro, 35, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal damage to property (domestic).
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:35 p.m., 800 block of Barnes Avenue, a 25-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 2-year-old daughter was abused by her father. The case is under investigation.
• 11:51 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Eisenhower Road, a Lyon-Coffey Electric worker reported an electric meter missing from the 1500 block of Eisenhower Road.
• 1:51 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of Truman Street, the City of Pomona reported a utility theft. Estimated loss was $20.
• 2:28 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of Hayes Street, the City of Pomona reported a utility theft. Estimated loss was $284.41.
• 5:16 p.m. Wednesday, 2800 block of Florida Road, a 23-year-old Eudora man reported his 2007 Hyundai Elantra was broken into and an engagement ring and 20 compact discs were stolen. Estimated loss was $559.
• 6:08 a.m. Tuesday, Reno and Colorado roads, a 2012 Ford F-350 driven by Jerald Engel, 55, Pomona, was southbound in the 3900 block of Colorado Road when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 9:06 a.m. Wednesday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a 53-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole fuel from the store.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 500 block of Main Street, medical call; 500 block of Main Street, public assist; Fourth and Walnut streets, disturbance; 300 block of Elm Street, trespass; 200 block of West Third Street, unattended death.
• Wednesday: Poplar Street and Fiber Lane, trespass; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Thursday: Douglas County Jail, warrant service; 100 block of Maple Street, alarm; 900 block of Main Street, alarm; 200 block of West Third Street, lost property.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:39 a.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of South Elm Street, invalid assist.
• 6:38 p.m. Wednesday, 1315 S. Mulberry St., firefighters responded to a small cooking fire confined to the cooking area.
• 9:34 a.m. Thursday, 933 N. Birch St., authorized controlled burning.
• 5:46 p.m. Thursday, North Main and East Tecumseh streets, firefighters responded to a motor vehicle wreck.