Daily Report for June 5, 2013
• Monday: Stanley Hird, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Richard Warren, Ottawa.
• Monday: Linda Rich, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Joseph Ferguson, Ottawa; Stanley Hird, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 1:33 p.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Heather Dempsey, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of shoplifting.
• 1:47 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of North Cedar Street, Charles Grissom, 24, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and no driver’s license.
• 1:47 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of North Cedar Street, Bailey Adams, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:45 p.m. Saturday, 1455 U.S. 59, a sheriff’s deputy responded to an activated burglary alarm at Plaschka and Kramer Liquor, 1455 U.S. 59, where the officer discovered the window of the front door was broken out, according to a sheriff’s report. The deputy searched the building but no suspects were found, the report said. The owner of the store, a 48-year-old Princeton man, was notified of the possible break-in, the report said.
• 3:57 p.m. Sunday, 2427 Haskell Road, a 59-year-old Princeton man reported a barn caught on fire after he had been cutting metal inside. The fire was small and contained to one area, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 9:26 p.m. Sunday, 3000 block of Georgia Road, a 31-year-old Ottawa woman reported she found inappropriate photos that belonged to a 44-year-old Ottawa man, a sheriff’s report said.
• 10:49 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of East Second Street, Pomona, a 23-year-old Pomona man reported two detached vehicle running boards, valued at $185, were stolen from outside his trailer home.
• 9:57 p.m. Tuesday, U.S. 59 and Jackson Road, a 2006 Toyota Avalon driven by Summer Baker, 28, Richmond, was traveling south on U.S. 59 near Jackson Road when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 6:14 a.m. Monday, 700 block of South Cypress Street, a 51-year-old Ottawa man reported someone damaged his property.
• 4:24 p.m. Monday, 500 block of South Hickory Street, a 71-year-old Ottawa man reported damage to his vehicle.
• 10:38 p.m. Tuesday, City Hall, 101 S. Hickory St., a 62-year-old Ottawa woman reported a suspicious substance inside an envelope.
• 12:36 p.m. Monday, 500 block of West Fourth Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect in China attempted to use his name to establish a fake account.
• 6:47 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Maple Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole items.
• 11:06 a.m. Tuesday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 24-year-old Topeka woman reported unknown suspects stole several items.
• 2:51 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Oak Street, a 47-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole items from the bed of his truck.
• 1:21 p.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Dustin Diedicker, 24, Osawatomie, struck a vehicle driven by Clayton Conklin, 46, Williamsburg, according to a police report.
• 12:53 a.m. Wednesday, 2518 E. Logan St., a semi-trailer driven by Singh Hundal Balibl, 70, Bakerfield, Calif., struck a semi-trailer driven by Montez Lurry, 57, Memphis, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 200 block of Benton Street, suspicious activity; 600 block of Meadow Brook Court, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, motorist assist.
• Sunday: 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motor assist; I-35 and K-33, motor assist; 200 block of Pine Street, vehicle lock-out; 4600 block of Pawnee Road, assist outside agency.
• Monday: 800 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 4400 block of Stafford Terrace, vehicle lock-out; 200 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 200 block of East 10th Street, suspicious activity; 300 block of East Eighth Street, suspicious activity; 1000 block of Poplar Street, suspicious subjects; 700 block of Main Street, recovered property; 1000 block of Poplar Street, suspicious subjects; 1000 block of Poplar Street, civil matter; 800 block of Main Street, suspicious activity.
• Tuesday: 500 block of East First Street, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:41 a.m. Monday, 521 Otter Lane, detector activation. No fire reported.
• 10:41 a.m. Tuesday, City Hall, 101 S. Hickory St., assist police with investigation of suspicious substance.
• 1:14 a.m. Wednesday, 608 E. 14th St. Terrace, firefighters investigated possible gas leak.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:13 a.m. Monday, 4627 Pawnee Road, Cutler, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison and Wellsville firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to two medical calls Monday and Tuesday.