Daily Report for June 11, 2014
• Monday: Candis McDowell, Garnett.
• Tuesday: Leonard Baskett Sr., Ottawa; Georgia Penn, Garnett.
• Monday: Kaylin Gragg, Ottawa; Leroy Soverns, Burlington.
• Baby girl, 7 pounds, to Candis McDowell, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 4:04 p.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., two 17-year-old Ottawa boys were arrested on suspicion of shoplifting.
Police Department News
• 3:40 p.m. Monday, 900 block of Highland Street, a 33-year-old Ottawa woman reported her 13-year-old daughter missing and the theft of her Chevrolet sedan. The girl and vehicle later were both located, police said.
• 10:08 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Osage Drive, a 17-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl, both of Seligman, Missouri, were taken into protective custody for lack of parental care.
• 10:09 a.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a 23-year-old Ottawa woman reported the possible abuse of her child.
• 12:06 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of North King Street, a 62-year-old Ottawa man was found deceased of apparent natural causes.
• 11:06 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of South Poplar Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known 31-year-old Ottawa man damaged items and was trespassing after entering her residence. The case is under investigation.
• 11:47 a.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 32-year-old Lee’s Summit, Missouri, man reported an unknown suspect stole items from a vending machine.
• 5:10 p.m. Monday, 400 block of South Locust Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole items from his vehicle.
• 6:17 p.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 31-year-old Pomona man reported someone stole items from his vehicle.
• 3:23 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of North Cherry Street, a City of Ottawa utility worker reported the theft of utility services.
• 5:06 p.m. Tuesday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, a vehicle driven by Thomas Nichol III, 55, Ottawa, was struck by a vehicle driven by Diane Stottlemire, 36, Grain Valley, Missouri. Nichol was cited for disobeying a traffic signal and no proof of insurance.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 300 block of Locust Street, motorist assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist.
• Tuesday: 500 block of Maple Terrace, motorist assist; 200 block of Downey Drive, noise complaint; 200 block of East Sixth Street, juvenile complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 1:54 a.m. Tuesday, 1807 S. Ash St., investigated smoke odor
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Monday and Tuesday.