Daily Report for June 14, 2013
• Wednesday: Jillian Oberly, Pomona.
• Thursday: Dennis Ainsworth, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Diana Bowlby, Ottawa; Charles Brown, Richmond; Grace Cardell, Richmond.
• Thursday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 12 ounces, to Jillian and Mathew Oberly, Pomona.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 9:33 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of West 17th Street, Ernest D. Mustain Sr., 59, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery and criminal restraint.
• 7:36 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of East Hamblin Street, Christi L. Hilner, 24, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 11:07 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Main Street, Timothy Walsh, 30, Gardner, on suspicion of driving while suspended.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:10 p.m. Thursday, 2800 block of Stafford Terrace, a 57-year-old Ottawa man reported someone attempted to enter his garage, causing an estimated $120 in damage to the door, according to a sheriff’s report. The man reported nothing appeared to be stolen.
• 7:54 p.m. Thursday, 1800 block of Indiana Road, a 26-year-old Williamsburg man and a 23-year-old Williamsburg woman got into a verbal argument and the woman broke a window in their home with a hoe, according to a sheriff’s report. Damage was estimated at $60, and no arrests were made.
Police Department News
• 8:20 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of South Beech Street, a 52-year-old Ottawa man reported his dog was attacked by another dog.
• 12:05 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of South Cedar Street, a 77-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone obtained her banking information.
• 1:22 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of South Ash Street, a 65-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole her cell phone.
• 5:19 p.m. Wednesday, 1200 block of South Ash Street, a 30-year-old Ottawa woman reported her son’s bicycle was stolen.
• 5:26 a.m. Thursday, Comfort Inn, 2315 S. Oak St., a 53-year-old Champlin, Minn., woman reported an unknown suspect stole a motorcycle off a trailer in the hotel’s parking lot.
• 12:56 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of East Wilson Street, a 39-year-old Opie woman reported someone stole an air conditioning unit.
• 3:47 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 58-year-old Pomona woman reported her purse and its contents were stolen out of a shopping cart and her bank card had been used at Walmart without her permission. Marsha Riley, 23, Ottawa, later was arrested on suspicion of theft, criminal use of a financial card and identity theft.
• 3:06 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of Maple Street, a vehicle driven by Leopoldo Diaz, 55, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Barbara Smith, 67, Ottawa. Diaz was cited with improper backing and no driver’s license, according to a police report.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 700 block Main Street, public assist; 600 block of West Third Terrace, public assist; 200 block of Main Street, medical call; 200 block of Pendleton Street, noise complaint; milepost 196, I-35, assist outside agency.
• Tuesday: 100 block of Walnut Street, welfare check; Gardner, warrant arrest.
• Wednesday: 600 block of Elm Street, suspicious subject; 800 block of Main Street, civil matter; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 100 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Thursday: 400 block of Walnut Street, welfare check; 600 block of West Third Terrace, public assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 200 block of Cedar Lane, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, assist outside agency; 400 block of Oak Street, public assist; 200 block of Edgewood, animal complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:33 p.m. Wednesday, 1015 E. Enterprise St., smoke or odor removal.
• 6:07 p.m. Wednesday, 1418 S. Main St., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 2:58 p.m. Thursday, Eugene Field Elementary School, 720 S. Tremont Ave., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:57 p.m. Thursday, 707 W. Nelson St., Wellsville firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• Firefighters responded to three medical calls Wednesday.