Daily Report for June 23, 2014
• Friday: Angela Magrath, Melvern; Janice Nichols, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Brooke Smith, Ottawa; Catherine Spooner, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Diane Crawley, Ottawa; Brittany White, Garnett.
• Friday: Cora Stoneking, Ottawa; Barbara Waltmire, Princeton; Doris Welch, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Robert Gordon, Pomona.
• Sunday: Angela Magrath, Melvern; Janice Nichols, Ottawa.
• Friday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 15 ounces, to Angela and Joshua Magrath, Melvern.
• Saturday: Baby girl, 7 pounds, 13 ounces, to Brooke and Ryan Smith, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:20 a.m. Friday, Anderson County Jail, Garnett, Robert Lee Brady, 20, Garnett, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 7:31 p.m. Friday, 3100 block of Georgia Road, a 12-year-old Pomona boy on suspicion of aggravated battery. He was transported to the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center.
Police Department Arrests
• 5:21 p.m. Friday, 900 block of South Cedar Street, Anthony Bussell, 25, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 5:35 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Kimberly Alexander, 52, Gardner, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court on suspicion of shoplifting items from the store.
• 9:22 p.m. Friday, 100 block of South Hickory Street, Judy Lydick, 52, Ottawa, on a Osage County warrant.
• 9:56 p.m. Friday, 900 block of East Ninth Street, a 12-year-old Ottawa boy on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct after fighting with his mother, according to a police report.
• Friday, no time given, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., Kelsey Fairchild, 21, Ottawa, was cited and released on a notice to appear in court on suspicion of stealing items from the store.
• 2:58 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of South Cedar Street, Anthony Bussell, 25, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal restraint and domestic battery.
• 10:47 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, Joshua Smith, 27, Ottawa, and Jason West, 41, Ottawa, on suspicion of disorderly conduct and pedestrian under the influence of alcohol after they caused a disturbance in public.
• 3:03 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of East First Street, Karen L. Jones, 35, Oskaloosa, Kansas, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and refusal of a preliminary breath test after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 3:22 a.m. Sunday, 300 block of North Main Street, Kortney Devore, 19, Topeka, and a 16-year-old Oskaloosa, Kansas, boy on suspicion of minor in consumption of alcohol.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 8:11 p.m. Friday, 900 block of Shawnee Road, a 31-year-old Pomona woman reported someone stole an electric winch and a chain from her residence. She also reported a door to the house had been forced open and damaged.
• 8:51 p.m. Friday, 3700 block of I-35, a 2000 Dodge Caravan driven by Irais Orozco Sotelo, 33, St. Louis Park, Minnesota, was traveling southbound on I-35 near milepost 191 when a tire blew out, causing more than $1,000 damage to the vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:20 a.m. Saturday, 1700 Colorado Road, a 2000 Nissan Xterra driven by Sydney Walters, 16, Pomona, was northbound on Colorado Road when she lost control and the vehicle rolled into the east ditch. Franklin County Emergency Medical Services personnel examined her and she refused further treatment, according to a sheriff’s report, which also indicated the vehicle was a total loss.
• 9:58 p.m. Saturday, K-68 and California Terrace, a vehicle driven by William Winters Jr., 61, Paola, was eastbound in the 500 block of K-68 when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 11:33 a.m. Friday, 100 block of West Second Street, a 51-year-old Ottawa woman reported items were damaged and she was battered by a known 12-year-old boy. The boy was arrested on suspicion of battery and criminal damage to property.
• 4:23 p.m. Friday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, a 58-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making bizarre comments, according to a police report.
• 8:09 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of South Poplar Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her unlocked car and stole items.
• 8:49 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of South Oak Street, Melissa Rose, 32, Ottawa, reported an unknown suspect entered her unlocked vehicle and stole items.
• 1 p.m. Sunday, Midwest RV, 313 W. Wilson St., a 41-year-old Topeka man reported the theft of an item.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, civil matter; 500 block of Maple Terrace, noise complaint; 500 block of East Eighth Street, power line down; 500 block of East Fourth Street, animal complaint; 200 block of Maple Street, assist fire department.
• Saturday: Miami County, special assignment; 300 block of West Fourth Street, civil matter.
• Sunday: 600 block of Walnut Street, limbs down.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:09 a.m. Friday, 109 E. Second St., chemical spill and leaks.
• 2:05 p.m. Friday, 806 W. 13th St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 2:44 p.m. Friday, 806 W. 13th St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 4:34 p.m. Friday, Ottawa Middle School, 1230 S. Ash St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Friday through Sunday.